My new Air Arms TX200 in .22

I decided to get back in to Air rifle shooting after 35 years. I bought an Air Arms TX200 in .22. The rifle arrived a couple of weeks ago and the scope and mounts last week. I've shot it three times now and I'm loving it. At first, I used some old Daisy pellets I had lying around but yesterday I got some new Gamo TS-22 pellets. I shot them and noticed an improvement. 10 shots at 25 yards with nine in the bull or close to it, with just one flyer that still landed in the 10 ring. I'm going to get some AA diablo field, JSB Exact Jumbo Express, JSB Exact Jumbo Diablo & some JSB Exact RS and try them out next.

TX200 1 (800x521).jpg

TX200 2 (800x533).jpg

IMG_2032.JPG

Same here. Just bought a TX200 in .22 and so far all is good. I also have a PCP (Avenger) so I'm used to shooting that and need to get used to hold sensitive guns again.
Noticed today, impossible to use a patch worm to clean barrel of TX200. Too curly and can't negotiate the shroud which is not meant to be removed on this gun. Any suggestions from you TX200 owners out there.

Thanks

Same here. Just bought a TX200 in .22 and so far all is good. I also have a PCP (Avenger) so I'm used to shooting that and need to get used to hold sensitive guns again.
Noticed today, impossible to use a patch worm to clean barrel of TX200. Too curly and can't negotiate the shroud which is not meant to be removed on this gun. Any suggestions from you TX200 owners out there.

Thanks
Take a drinking straw and insert it into the muzzle up to where the actual barrel starts and the patch worm can be put through. Might have to fiddle with it a bit till you learn exactly how to hold the straw but should be pretty easy to do.

Thanks
You are getting tangled up in the shroud. Put a soda straw down the end of the shroud until you hit the barrel. Push the cleaning kit (Patchworm cleaning kits are awesome) through the straw. Remove straw and pull through. Rinse and repeat.

Oh yea! Get some of this stuff, it is german sorcery in a can. https://ballistol.com/

Reactions: kd7rsrrze
I decided to get back in to Air rifle shooting after 35 years. I bought an Air Arms TX200 in .22. The rifle arrived a couple of weeks ago and the scope and mounts last week. I've shot it three times now and I'm loving it. At first, I used some old Daisy pellets I had lying around but yesterday I got some new Gamo TS-22 pellets. I shot them and noticed an improvement. 10 shots at 25 yards with nine in the bull or close to it, with just one flyer that still landed in the 10 ring. I'm going to get some AA diablo field, JSB Exact Jumbo Express, JSB Exact Jumbo Diablo & some JSB Exact RS and try them out next.

View attachment 271677

View attachment 271678

View attachment 271679
very similar story with me, 30 years after for varied reasons, also bought a TX in .22 and amazed at quality and accuracy at this point.