My new .25 MK 3 is......

DBlue

Dec 14, 2022
USA
Shooting Absolutely Awesome...!!!!!!! I've had my new MK3 for about a month now and I have done a few tweaks to it, I just got a new Stud magazine for it and I was testing out the new mag this morning on my 100 yard range and this thing is shooting the JSB MK 2's Awesome.....I honestly believe the Stud magazine eliminates a lot of the fliers as I had no fliers this morning shooting. With this MK3 shooting as good as it is, I don't want to change anything on it, I'm thinking about buying a new Panthera to shoot slugs with and use the MK3 for pellets....LOL I know I said in another post that I wasn't going to post anymore pics of groups but this is the type of groups I'm getting at 100 yards with this MK3.....FX haters can hate...but, these rifles just flat azz shoot....:)

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

Awesome! Try the MK1 Heavy JSBs too. My 25 M3 prefers those over the MK2s. Stock 600mm superior pellet liner.
Agreed, after supply of MK1s ran out started using new delivery MK2s. M3, Uragan .25 and Umarex Gauntlet (Gen One) groups all opened up significantly. Taipan Veteran Long didn't seem to care. No more MK2s for me. WM

Reactions: DBlue
Just some friendly advice for you: don't post anything positive about any FX rifles or you'll be blindly labeled an FX fanboi!

That's a pretty amazing group for 100yds - most people would kill for those results at 50yds. Love my M3s as well; my 0.25 is dialed in perfectly . . . the 0.22 is pretty good right now but I feel it can be tweaked a little further to get to the same level of consistency of the 0.25. That's half the fun of owning these things :)

Shooting Absolutely Awesome...!!!!!!! I've had my new MK3 for about a month now and I have done a few tweaks to it, I just got a new Stud magazine for it and I was testing out the new mag this morning on my 100 yard range and this thing is shooting the JSB MK 2's Awesome.....I honestly believe the Stud magazine eliminates a lot of the fliers as I had no fliers this morning shooting. With this MK3 shooting as good as it is, I don't want to change anything on it, I'm thinking about buying a new Panthera to shoot slugs with and use the MK3 for pellets....LOL I know I said in another post that I wasn't going to post anymore pics of groups but this is the type of groups I'm getting at 100 yards with this MK3.....FX haters can hate...but, these rifles just flat azz shoot....:)

View attachment 360831

View attachment 360832
Very nice shooting and rifle performance!!!
Just because you have an Impact does not mean it needs anything after you find your tune. I have my 22 dialed in to shoot NSA 27.5’s and it is doing such a stellar job that it has not been touched since I developed the tune. That was a couple months and over 700 slugs ago.
If you have any doubts about the Panthera, I bought a 25 cal here a short while back. Is it any better than an M3? Depends on your perspective I guess. Just two different guns from the same maker. I love mine. Will it replace the M3? No sir, it will not.

What happened to your barrel tensioner that produced that nice little 50 yard group? Looks like you’re back to the stock shroud.
The stock shroud fits over the carbon fiber tensioner that I made, but, I did remove it. I used a piece of carbon fiber I already had on hand and it's inside diameter is larger than the barrel tube so I had to use o-rings over the barrel tube and the carbon fiber tube slip fit over them and I machined aluminum spacers with o-rings that fit on the carbon fiber that the stock shroud slipped over. I took it off just to see if there was any difference in the way the rifle shot without it and it seemed to be shooting better without it so I just left it off. I'm going to get some more carbon fiber that is a tight fit over the barrel tube and try that as I think that the barrel just was not stiff enough with all the o-rings in between, It did shoot very well at 50 yards with it but I could tell a difference in the groups at 100 yards, it shoots a lot better without it at 100 yards.....This is the tensioner that I made.....

IMG_4789.jpg

Well you definitely shot a stellar group. But time will tell the whole truth about what you actually have. Many groups over several weeks always determines if I leave the gun alone or if it’s a good day bad day gun. Another thing I find interesting, a challenge and sometimes frustrating is when you do find magic, is seeing how long it will last before the gun goes off its nut. Sometimes it’s as simple as your cleaning regimen or it can be something else changed with the gun like a wear item. Slugs are more sensitive to this but I’ve still had my pellet Impact lose its marbles.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Well you definitely shot a stellar group. But time will tell the whole truth about what you actually have. Many groups over several weeks always determines if I leave the gun alone or if it’s a good day bad day gun. Another thing I find interesting, a challenge and sometimes frustrating is when you do find magic, is seeing how long it will last before the gun goes off its nut. Sometimes it’s as simple as your cleaning regimen or it can be something else changed with the gun like a wear item. Slugs are more sensitive to this but I’ve still had my pellet Impact lose its marbles.
When I was into building rimfire benchrest rifles, I also learned to lap barrels and I don't mean with just a tight fitting patch with some JB bore paste, I poured my own lead laps and worked the barrels from chamber to muzzle and I came up with a way to polish the bore after lapping them. I didn't lap this barrel but I did do some of my polishing to it so it is not just a stock barrel out the box and I think that in itself has helped the way this rifle is shooting. But, you are right as a lot of barrels will shoot good one day and not the next. I figured that with the cost of these barrels if I screw one up it's not like having to pay 300.00 - 400.00 or more for a new barrel like in rimfire. I shoot almost every day as I have a 50 yard range with a concrete bench in my backyard and I just recently cleared out a 50- and 100-yard range in my woods behind my house, I'm in the process of making a concrete bench for that also, I will definitely find out what it will do on a daily basis...lol

Tuned my fx impact a while back and shooting 1/2 “ at 100 yards all day long

View attachment 361358
That's Awesome.....and I like that spread you are getting also...:) After owning this rifle for the short period of time I've had it, I don't doubt anyone on the accuracy they are getting with one as I already know what they are capable of doing....:)

View attachment 360831

View attachment 360832
Please do continue to post groups. I’ve gotten some MOA groups but my average is probably around 1.5” at 100 yards. I was thinking that’s all there is but now I figure I can do better, though I don’t have the ability to make your barrel parts.