My new.177 HW44 is 1,000 rounds old!

Yup, got it from Pyramid Air a couple of weeks ago, and somehow managed a VERY GOOD deal.

Short story... I put a Burris 2-7X32 Pistol Scope on it, and can hit aluminum cans (it actually seems to prefer beer cans for some reason) off a 2X4 at 40 yards offhand. I dial the scope to 4X or 5X and can always mow down 10 cans with the 2 supplied 10 shot mags, often with quite a few shots to spare. It's a gas!

Some specifics... I get 2, 10 shot mags on a fill, (with some extra PSI on either side), and velocity averages 815 fps with 8.44 JSB's with a "high/low" of only a few deviant fps's. It has a "permanently attached" Weihrauch moderator, but not only does the end cap unscrew, but the whole body unscrewes which just leaves a threaded "boss" on the muzzle. If you don't need the moderator, it looks rather well with it just unscrewed, and when you need it, it's a very solid attachment, and very, very quite. 

I've benched it a couple of times and although it is not my preferred way of shooting, it is very accurate. For some distance shooting I have some Cabela's tripod sticks, and may hone my long range skills with a "little help". The gun seems to be able to do it.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
As to the 2 scopes, the published weights are 1.1 and 1.2 lbs so about the same but the Burris is probably a bit more "sleek". You do feel the weight of the UTG. The UTG has been good enough for me that I now have 3 of them but the Burris is PROBABLY a better quality scope overall. Burris is about 2.5 times the cost of the UTG but you often get what you pay for. Would have to see them side by side to really know which is most "suitable" for any individual.

I think you will find that Burris scope is 13 OZ and Burris makes good glass, there is also Swift optics they make good glass also

You are correct. I was looking at a shipping weight for each. Burris site lists their scope at 13 oz. and UTG lists theirs at 14 oz. Haven't weighed either personally but the UTG is probably noticeably more bulky.

I liked the Reticle better on the Burris than any other Pistol Scope that I have seen so far.

I should have my new HW44 1.77 here next week. :)

The accuracy of mine has been very impressive, even with the red dot that I initially put on it. I haven't shot groups with it using the scope but it should be better. I'm betting you will enjoy it.

Since we're talking scopes I have to say I'm very happy with the Burris I put on my HW44. I've had it for a while and am not sure what I paid for it, but you're right they are up there in cost. However the 2-7 is fairly lightweight and the image is very good. Sleek is a good way to describe it. Burris also has a "Forever Warranty". If you have one, and it needs help, they will fix or replace it quickly. I know that for a fact.

Another Burris quality item is their signature rings, which I have on my HW44. It's a bummer when you mount a scope, especially on a pellet gun, then find you need to crank the turrets to the very max of adjustability to zero your scope. Sometimes you even run out of adjustment. I'm not a fan of shimming a mount. It does put the scope out of alignment with the rings and in the case of a dovetail (which the 44 does not have) you start losing "bite" on the rails. 

The signature rings haver offset inserts. Go to their site for an explanation of how they work. Select signature rings, then click on technology. But with just a little futsing around you can get your scope almost zeroed while still having the scopes turrets in the middle position. Not everyone may want or need this, but it really works well in my opinion.

Just got done zeroing in my new HW44, and I am really impressed with the accuracy. My HW44 has the safety and mag. lever blacked out and not the silver that I have seen on other HW44's. I like it. I am using my favorite 1.77 pellet the JSB 10.34. I think to get better accuracy and to test different pellets it would be easier to do like AEAC Steve and use a rifle scope with higher magnification. 

I ordered the Burris 2-7x32, I like it, but the Burris Handgun logo is not centered but at the 1 PM position? Kinda bothers me lol. I wish the eye relief was a little shorter so I could have a better offhand stance, but I think with practice I will get used to it. I also wish the Scope would sit on the Pistol and not have the ocular end hanging off the rear, but to accomplish that would require a AR style forward mount which would then raise the scope higher than I would like. 

I have been using burris signature rings on 2 of my Air Rifles and like them because they should not mark up the Scope. I went with Warne rings for the HW44. I think I had to click right about 18 clicks and down around 9 and I was zeroed.

I have not shot it across the Chrono yet.

As seen elsewhere, the mags are a little finicky, but I imagine with more use things will loosen up. I also used my Hill pump for the first time in a long while, and it was not bad at all to bring the pressure back to 200 bar after the initial tank fill.

Overall I am very happy with my HW44 and think it may become my most used AG that I have. 

Edit: forgot to add that I wish Weihrauch did not put the fill hole so close to the body of the Pistol, twice now I thought I had the fill probe in all the way and bang, I think I will get that ironed out in time, but see no reason for it? 

Similar here. I've recently removed a Sig red dot and mounted the UTG 2-7 pistol scope but haven't shot it that way yet. With the red dot, very small groups were easily attained and I fully expect it to do better with the scope. As noted elsewhere, shot count is about 2 mags and my mags function well but do need a little "fiddle" to get them to seat sometimes. In all I think it is a really nice and very accurate pistol but as others have noted they aren't cheap.

Str8shooter... if it's the logo on the adjustable eyepiece, just turn it a little to line it up. That should not change the sharpness of the reticle. That's what the eyepiece is designed to do. There is no parallax adjustment on that scope. If you are shooting very close, use a lower power and everything will be in focus. Further out the parallax is fixed and everything should be in good focus even on higher powers of magnification. The eyepiece is not designed to focus the image, only to make the reticle look sharp by quickly looking through the scope at a light background. If the reiticle looks fuzzy turn the eyepiece until it is sharp. Don't stare at the reticle because your eye will focus it, use a quick glance, then adjust. There is a lot of wiggle room so you can usually end up with the logo on top. At least this is my understanding of it.

When I shoot my HW44 offhand I'm finding I'm more steady to have a least one finger in front of the trigger guard and up near the tube. If I use both hands close together on the grip, there is a lot more wiggle. It is a fun gun to shoot.

Congrats leadfoot, sounds like the HW 44 is definitely worth its weight and price, I like the looks of it also, I think I’ll be looking into a bit better scope for the Diana I just received in .22 I think there was a reason my BSA was in my stuff drawer all this time, the Burris sound like a nice scope I’ll need to check it out and on a side note if they would of had a 44 in .22 at PA I think that’s the way I would of went but I am on their waiting list as of now.

Just seen AOA has it on sale and in stock.

Jim.

Imold, I got mine from PA at VERY CLOSE to the AOA sale price. PA didn't argue much over the discount. I was surprised, but said: "let's do it!"

I've been waiting for over a month for some extra mags, they're on backorder. When I'm outside blasting tin cans off a 2X4 I can go through 2 real fast and since it only takes half a minute to charge it back up my down time is loading those 2 mags. With the money I saved over the list price, I've got 4 on the way.👍

Ordered a Bug Buster handgun scope to tryout and I’m still not sure on my next handgun if I should go HW44 in .22 or a AT P-1 in .22, there is about a 2 pound difference between the two and 4 inch length difference, the reason I like the .22 is for the kinetic energy and it’s hard to handle small pellets with my numb fingers. Hmmm Decisions Decisions.

jim.