• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

My new .177 Field Target Design

Hey guys! Took my new .177 Field Target out for its maiden voyage today at the weekly Tuesday “Old Geezer Match. It was set up at 26yds with a 1” KZ reducer installed and was shot with 12 FP Springers and 20 FP PCP rifles. It worked perfectly. Then at midway it was moved to 53 yds and reducer was removed and then shot at with the same rifles. Again it worked perfectly. Was easy to reset and when paddle was hit it went down.
The reducers are installed on the outside of the faceplate as per AAFTA rules.
I don’t have a video of it working but it is very reliable and showed no damage at all.
I will start making more of them and can cut almost any design for the faceplate.
Contact me if you are interested in them. They are high quality and are not the least expensive targets available.

259AEAA2-B531-4692-B497-8C3B2C31E1FE.jpeg

B5215F4D-2935-4F37-AA51-2CB01A876F46.jpeg

055CA65A-098C-469E-B343-4B88C7AEEF78.jpeg

Attachments

• 92FBB7EF-53CC-4554-BB39-7C7B6A89E061.jpeg
    92FBB7EF-53CC-4554-BB39-7C7B6A89E061.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
I a curious to see the action you use. It looks like the Stoutenburg type action vs the Knockover action.
I don’t know the difference of the 2. I can tell you it is a combination of a lot of designs. Kept trying different combinations until I found one that worked. I also make the larger XTreme targets with No Filters and they can be adjusted down to 12FP at 55 yds.
These are half the size of the Xtreme targets.

Reactions: Centercut
The one picture is after the shooting.
3/16 thick steel and 3/16 AR 400 on paddles
Since your targets are shoot by a club they see a lot of shots. Do you think the AR400 is needed if the guns are under 20ftlbs. Everything I have made that uses paddles I cut off a piece of round bar stock I have. But it may be hardened. Since my stuff is made from scraps. And they don't see the use like yours.
Back 30 years ago I did some metal fab. I have never seen a water jet in use. I bet that is something to see! If you don't mind I will probably talk your ear off asking questions next time I see you at Rio

thanks,

Reactions: Sturkis
Hey guys! Took my new .177 Field Target out for its maiden voyage today at the weekly Tuesday “Old Geezer Match. It was set up at 26yds with a 1” KZ reducer installed and was shot with 12 FP Springers and 20 FP PCP rifles. It worked perfectly. Then at midway it was moved to 53 yds and reducer was removed and then shot at with the same rifles. Again it worked perfectly. Was easy to reset and when paddle was hit it went down.
The reducers are installed on the outside of the faceplate as per AAFTA rules.
I don’t have a video of it working but it is very reliable and showed no damage at all.
I will start making more of them and can cut almost any design for the faceplate.
Contact me if you are interested in them. They are high quality and are not the least expensive targets available.

View attachment 298520

View attachment 298521

View attachment 298522
Very nice , would have liked to see after shoot picture .