My neighbor's Ruger Impact .22

I got my hands on my neighbor's Ruger Impact after she mentioned to me she couldn't hit anything with it. This rifle advertises at 1000fps with alloys and 800fps with lead pellets, but this one is only getting to 560fps with 14.3gr CPHP. Initial tests of the rifle when I picked it up resulted in about a 6 inch group at 12 yards. Tightening the stock screws, cleaning up the power plant and the barrel, then putting 1000 pellets through it got it to 3.5 inch group at 20 yards. Accuracy would most likely improve with a different pellet.

Here's a video I made about it.

I don't know there must be something wrong with it. I would return it I got one and it shoots awesome after 200 rounds I can stack them on top of each other.I'm using the same pellets you are you are they are good pellets I use that brand in another gun too with good results. I did clean it before I shot it and dryed it out good it was real dirty. And then cleaned it again after 200 or so rounds. I use the scope on mine. And you were taking about you using sites in your video. Yoou don't cover up the dot on target you aim them so that it is under the dot so you can see what your aiming at. Just thought I would tell you that it might help you out.

Its hard to say when u picked up someone elses attempted repairs. I read this thread because I have been interested in the Ruger Targis Hunter 22 since I had such great luck with my Ruger Blackhawk Elite 177

Unfortunately that one went under the Christmas tree for my nephew, he didnt even seem excited when he got it, and when we went out on the porch for some Christmas day target shooting he didnt treat it nicely. Every time I give away something that I really enjoy for a meaningful gift I regret it.

Thats the last time.