• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My little projects

Other hobbies have taken hold but I’m leaning back toward air guns I think… CFR was glass bedded with devcon 10110 but found it’s more accurate with just a pillar bedding and the tube free floated so it’s currently in that configuration. Has a touched up GRT blade. I’ll be making some sort of barrel weight for it soon. Last outing I was shooting .125 ctc at 35 yard and half inch at 50 which isn’t bad with only like 8.5fpe or a tad more. It’s got a Maccuri e3650 spring with custom piston sleeve and I tossed the plastic spring guide for a metal one. I’m hoping I can figure out how to get this one into a more FT style stock, preferably a blue laminate. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears. The accu still needs tuned but I’m holding off until I get a proper scope so I know what the real precision is like. ACCUs are heavier then CFRs but I can’t tell why besides maybe heavier parts and the velocity is more which I think is a restricted port size. The old hunter 220 is wife’s gun that’s got a GRT trigger I touched up. JM square wire spring, piston sleeve and a custom metal spring guide which replaced the old one that had a lot of slop. I built this one for smooth shooting and cocking for her. The plastic hunter varmint is simply a toss around gun I shoot without the stress of precision shooting. It was shooting really good with both brown box 7.9s and even the heavies 10.5 but for some reason, perhaps lack of barrel cleaning it’s now only shooting my JSB exacts well. All will be getting new scopes this year and if someone knows where I can get a nice stock that will work with my CFR I would be grateful. I’m not sure how that works, if I’d buy one without the action cut out or what but I’m not exactly good at wood working to say the least.

AB653574-9FFD-44C7-8BB6-860A0B76A751.jpeg

I found this from like 2 years ago when I first started tuning the CFR. Even then I was looking good at 35 yards with JSB Exacts. I also had an old tin of HN FTTs that shot better and got me under half inch or thereabouts at about 50 yards but I tried to save as much of those as I could because my new met tins weren’t as accurate. Reminded me of these really old crosman pointed I had, probably from around 2001ish… I had a custom 2240 with a comically long barrel that shot any pointed pellet the best but was a tac driver with those pellets specifically but none of the newer same style pellets shot that well.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1