• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Impact (25 cal) draws first blood.

Stopped at a farm a couple miles up the road from me and asked the farmer if he minded if I shot the pigeons that were around the farm. “Not at all” he said so I went to work 11 or 12 were sitting on one 60 foot silo and I measured my range at 50 yards. The hit produced a very loud wop and one was down. They all took off with one pass around the barn and landed on the 70 ft silo. Another solid wop and the 2nd pigeon was down. Took a walk to try and retrieve them and both were stuck on sections of the barn roof. Farmer John didn’t care.

Waited around for the pigeons to come back and got to know John a little. Very nice man, sold the dairy cows in 06 and is now raising some angus for friends and family. Works for the local township taking care of the roads. I graduated high school with his cousin.

Pigeons are back landing on the same silo as the 2nd kill. My rest this shot isn’t as good as my first two shots and I pushed the shot right. (I’m shooting left handed off the fender of a tractor and it’s a bad height for me) But they sat right there and my next shot hits a little low in the chest and he flies off the silo and crashes behind the barn. The pigeons do a circle and come right back to land again. Held at the base of neck on the next one and flatten him with a pellet in the center of his chest. He rolls off the roof where the 2nd one did.

4 out of 5 shots hit, 4 kills. I was pretty happy with that. I’ve shot hundreds of pigeons with a .177 springer and some with a Daisy 880 pump but these are the first with the 25 cal. Pretty awesome hearing the solid and loud WOP and watching them go down so quickly. I plan on going back next weekend or maybe even tomorrow depending on the weather.

I was shooting FX/JSB 25.4 grain domed pellets. I may try the Hades next time or maybe even the 34 gr heavies from FX/JSB. I have some of each but I suspect they come from the same factory.