My HW80 .25 is hitting like my HW30 .22

Finally got this gun back together. Put in a Vortek 80+ spring kit in it. I was told when I got it, it would be harder to jack, and it is.
B5DC133C-735A-4C73-8265-DC2B9F051E30.jpeg
Once I zeroed the scope it, was a laser, tossing the .25 cal. definitely faster. I’ll crony it later.
6F017580-44B1-497D-AB94-C61AE4EFBAE0.jpeg
This pic shows how the breach won’t drop from spring. It jacks close to my 90.
I’m really impressed with the difference in the sounds, totally different. No more + kits though.
Thanks to the guys that coached me. Happy New Year Crow
Cronied out at 568 - 571

Last edited:
Reactions: Mycapt65 and Zut
Just put the 80 on a crony. It was averaging 525 fps. before. After a Vortek+ spring and piston seal kit averaging 575 fps. Jacking it is much more difficult. It’s like jacking the equivalent of 12 HW30’s all at once. 50 fps is impressive, approx. 9% increase. I have since chaneed springs and seals on a HW30 and a TX200. Both lost approximately 10 fps. I’m enjoying this. Crow

That’s why I sold my 25 cal R1 barrel. Even out of a healthy gun, the velocities you get make for a very loopy trajectory. It makes it near impossible to estimate hold-over when the distance changes.
I don’t mind the looping. I have a 77 and a 97 both in .25. My range is 45 yds. and have no problem with accuracy. Crow
This is such an interesting thread. I’m a fellow Canadian Crow and can relate to the snow. I’m reading about all the experiences with presses as I want to do one for my HW 50 and 30 to do vortek kits eventually.
I’ve been patiently waiting for this. I don’t think you will need a press for those. I’m finding it’s easier by hand. Crow
Funny, but I recently irdered a hw80 and requested a vortek pg4 kit be put in from new. Vortek seems to promote their vac seal as a positive add with the drop in kits. Something I’d like to learn to do myself. Acquiring many air rifles recently and absolutely love them but also the opportunity to mod
The 80 was the most difficult to change so far, but still very doable.
Always good to acquire many rifles. You can never have too many. Good luck Crow