• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My HW80 .25 is hitting like my HW30 .22

Reactions: crowski
My favorite compressor was one on youtube way back he used his scissor jack from his car .. . Now not to laugh at him but i used bottle jacks ( car crank screw kind ) and made a quick needed it now bench press. That rail mount compressor i see for underlevrr guns but break barrel anything can do in a pinch as long as somthing dont slip and shoot parts across the room ..

Last edited:
Both are beautiful. Although I wouldn't want to live with the snow.
You don’t know what your missing.Crow. It’s a pain in the rear.
My favorite compressor was one on youtube way back he used his scissor jack from his car .. . Now not to laugh at him but i used bottle jacks ( car crank screw kind ) and made a quick needed it now bench press. That rail mount compressor i see for underlevrr guns bit bteak barrel anuthing van do in a pinch as long ws somthing dont slip and shoot parts across the room ..
I think I have a unique idea, we’ll see soon. Supposed to snow till midnight tonight, great. Crow

You don’t know what your missing.Crow. It’s a pain in the rear.
I think I have a unique idea, we’ll see soon. Supposed to snow till midnight tonight, great. Crow
Sounds good... Maybe the thing... Spring compressors ideas are all over the place in these forums and vids. One more cant hurt. Heck maybe somthing i could use one day..

For 25$ ( maybe less with coupon) i could see this working fine

Last edited:
Sounds good... Maybe the thing... Spring compressors ideas are all over the place in these forums and vids. One more cant hurt. Heck maybe somthing i could use one day..

For 25$ ( maybe less with coupon) i could see this working fine

That is along the lines I was thinking.
Can’t believe how much cheaper products are in the US. I couldn’t buy the clamp up here for that assembly. Crow

That is along the lines I was thinking.
Can’t believe how much cheaper products are in the US. I couldn’t buy the clamp up here for that assembly. Crow
Well i hear folks going to canada or Mexico cause its cheaper .. but the bar clamp i use from home depot was like 18$ a 36" jourgson (?)..

If that clamp bench combo thing was available when i wanted somthing to use i think id of tried it.. looks spify..

Well i hear folks going to canada or Mexico cause its cheaper .. but the bar clamp i use from home depot was like 18$ a 36" jourgson (?)..

If that clamp bench combo thing was available when i wanted somthing to use i think id of tried it.. looks spify..
I took my 80 down to my shop and that’s as far as I got. The temp. hovering around freezing I had to walk through 8 inches of slop. Be the same deal tomorrow, if it freezes I’m in trouble. What a drag. Crow

I took my 80 down to my shop and that’s as far as I got. The temp. hovering around freezing I had to walk through 8 inches of slop. Be the same deal tomorrow, if it freezes I’m in trouble. What a drag. Crow
Yaaa, here Thursday/ friday. Like 24' low 40' high. Probably with good wind to make it better too boot. I got a nice burn pile of this years brush and tree limbs and fallen dead trees to fire up when it comes..

I went to go go shooting and I remembered this project. I went down and made from scrap, minus the clamp. 1/2 an hour to make. Nothing to brag about, but it’s going to work better than what I had. I would of rather had 4-5 tins of lead instead of the press.
I notched 1 x 2 x 12 inches to seat the bar in. 975FAB30-4275-4BA9-9363-046C167B60BB.jpegAttached it to a 2 foot piece of 2 x 3 to allow the clamp to travel, attached 2 metal straps stretching them by forcing the screws to pull. 0D070C3B-FA1F-4FFB-A510-F5E216A3EB84.jpeg
The one end has rubber. On clamp end I removed rubber and put felt for under your furniture. 4DC719C0-F70A-4D2B-985C-68427914A4DE.jpeg
A little tape around the plates and screws. Done 036D4F36-0142-4FA1-A25B-D9BCC910DA8F.jpeg
I’m going to look for something I can attach to where the felt is a small disc that spins. Crow

02E2C9A3-9624-4E22-AED7-C8E0D274132A.jpeg
Sorry about the mess

Reactions: fishing43
Awww Crow! Didn't I tell you earlier in the thread to make sure that you put the barrel on before putting the cylinder back together? The pivot bolt will now be under spring tension from the mainspring and or detent. You're going to have a very difficult time getting the pivot bolt aligned and started without damaging the shims, bolt and receiver threads. IMO your better off removing the mainspring then installing the barrel and then reinstalling the mainspring.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
PM me for my phone number if you'd like further verbal assistance.

Have a Merry Christmas
Ron

Awww Crow! Didn't I tell you earlier in the thread to make sure that you put the barrel on before putting the cylinder back together? The pivot bolt will now be under spring tension from the mainspring and or detent. You're going to have a very difficult time getting the pivot bolt aligned and started without damaging the shims, bolt and receiver threads. IMO your better off removing the mainspring then installing the barrel and then reinstalling the mainspring.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
PM me for my phone number if you'd like further verbal assistance.

Have a Merry Christmas
Ron
Thanks. Story of my life. I need the practice. Couldn’t start with a 30 to get familiar, no let’s do a 80+. Crow

Thanks. Story of my life. I need the practice. Couldn’t start with a 30 to get familiar, no let’s do a 80+. Crow
Hmmmm.. dont guess ive had issue with that .... yet. Lines up pretty dead on use a lineup pin to center the shims then the pivot bolt should go in. Also remove the breach seal will help relax pressure between the reciver and block if it wants to be a tad off.. that's my stuff but another maybe different to do .

Youll figure it out ..lol

Crow I use a sash clamp when working on my rifles. No manufacturing all I do is clamp it in the vice and use a cloth to stop it from scratching the metal. I sometimes use a piece of pine on both ends. EZY peezy. Much better then those quick grip Irwin clamps that bend when pressured.
Gary

View attachment 315539
Hey Gary , good to hear for you. Thanks, great idea. Probably have forty of them. Merry Christmas Crow