• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My HW80 .25 is hitting like my HW30 .22

Just any thing over 500 fps. Not looking good.
Those are fighting words with calling him my buddy.
I wouldn’t piss in his ear, if his brains were on fire.
He’s a Dick. Crow
Yaaaaa, i figured id get ya goat on that ..😜

Don't feel bad people here now prefer to loose there rights and freedoms then safeguard them. Pretty sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
Tried to screw the trigger housing back on. Using the Rail Lock Spring Compressor. 1BD35780-E0FF-4725-BCF9-8703D27EEE3C.jpeg I’ve used this twice now a same thing both times. The screw does not hit the cylinder in the center. 4012551F-48DE-4602-8F45-462EB6E41554.jpeg So when trying to screw back on, forget using this tool. NFG. What a waste of $130. Again I’ll make one. I’m going to try to use a Quick Grip, just squeeze 600 lb. pressure at your finger tips. Have them on 24 and 36 inch bars. 4A97BCF5-D546-4DC3-90BC-57C7E716B12F.jpeg I think this will work, making it easier by squeezing instead of screwing. I’ve got at least 30 of these to screw on. I need an easy jig, made loads of those. Crow

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Tried to screw the trigger housing back on. Using the Rail Lock Spring Compressor.View attachment 313750 I’ve used this twice now a same thing both times. The screw does not hit the cylinder in the center. View attachment 313751 So when trying to screw back on, forget using this tool. NFG. What a waste of $130. Again I’ll make one. I’m going to try to use a Quick Grip, just squeeze 600 lb. pressure at your finger tips. Have them on 24 and 36 inch bars. View attachment 313752 I think this will work, making it easier by squeezing instead of screwing. I’ve got at least 30 of these to screw on. I need an easy jig, made loads of those. Crow
I've got a Sun Optics spring compressor. Works pretty well, see if they are still available.

Honestly though I usually just manhandle the things together without it. A rubber pad so the plug doesn't spin, and your body weight usually does the trick.

Reactions: crowski
I've got a Sun Optics spring compressor. Works pretty well, see if they are still available.

Honestly though I usually just manhandle the things together without it. A rubber pad so the plug doesn't spin, and your body weight usually does the trick.
I just went down and tried to screw in by hand, it’s just a little bit too heavy for my liking. That 80 spring heavy. Maybe if I had more experience with it I’d be more comfortable but I’m gonna make a jig on Friday for it I’ve got a day to think about it. Play it safe. Crow

Crow, I have the same spring compressor and had the same problem. Get an 11mm to 11mm riser mount and attach it to the rifle and compressor. That will make it line up. You can see how the riser mount is positioned on my tool.

View attachment 313781
I was thinking that, didn’t know there was such an animal. 1/4 inch is all I need. Thanks Moog. Hopefully I have one before the day ends. Crow

Reactions: Moog
Crow, I have the same spring compressor and had the same problem. Get an 11mm to 11mm riser mount and attach it to the rifle and compressor. That will make it line up. You can see how the riser mount is positioned on my tool.

View attachment 313781
I went to 4 gun shops today in a literal blizzard. Had a few appointments, hit every shot for 75 mi. AGS is going to get one. I was planning on making one in my shop tomorrow, but looks like snow removal, we’re getting pounded. Never saw so many overturned cars on the roads coming home. Crow

Hi Crow,

Did the broken HW80 spring score the inside of the cylinder? I'm also interested in how the Vortek 30mm seal changes the HW80 performance.

JJ
Mr 90. Had to say that. My spring didn’t break. Mo-Ron. But I thought the same thing.
I have two seals one black seal came with kit, and I got a red one separate.
Is there a difference?
Crow

I went to 4 gun shops today in a literal blizzard. Had a few appointments, hit every shot for 75 mi. AGS is going to get one. I was planning on making one in my shop tomorrow, but looks like snow removal, we’re getting pounded. Never saw so many overturned cars on the roads coming home. Crow
If your AGS can't get one I ordered mine off of Amazon. Stay safe in that bad weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski