HW/Weihrauch My HW30

It's older not sure how old but it followed me home from a gun show in the Eighties maybe early Nineties. It was missing its front site hood when I got it.
I had a butt pad installed for as a spacer but no other mods. It will hit a spinner at 25 yards pretty consistently. I'm a big fan of JSB but it likes Crosman pellets out of the box.
No great shakes, I just wanted to share something special to me.
20240404_152740.jpg
20240404_152833.jpg
20240404_152729.jpg
20240404_152713.jpg

It's older not sure how old but it followed me home from a gun show in the Eighties maybe early Nineties. It was missing its front site hood when I got it.
I had a butt pad installed for as a spacer but no other mods. It will hit a spinner at 25 yards pretty consistently. I'm a big fan of JSB but it likes Crosman pellets out of the box.
View attachment 452403View attachment 452405View attachment 452406View attachment 452408
Nice vintage 30. I have one in .22 from the late 1950’s

Reactions: Tex-Mex

What a beaut. You should be able to find out the year of manufacture at the Weihrauch Database, below. Once you do, please let us know.

Reactions: Tex-Mex
What a beaut. You should be able to find out the year of manufacture at the Weihrauch Database, below. Once you do, please let us know.

I checked the database and it came back ( probable 1991 ). Thanks for your help, I thought it might have been a little older than that.

I checked the database and it came back ( probable 1991 ). Thanks for your help, I thought it might have been a little older than that.

Interesting. I've never seen that kind of safety on an HW30 before. Perhaps it was a temporary solution for exporting when safeties first became mandatory here in the States. The trigger shape looks non-standard, too.

Interesting. I've never seen that kind of safety on an HW30 before. Perhaps it was a temporary solution for exporting when safeties first became mandatory here in the States. The trigger shape looks non-standard, too.
It's a Perfeckt trigger. It's a completely different trigger set up than the Rekord most people are familiar with. The Perfeckt was used on the base model Hw30 and maybe others. The trigger type determines the safety type. That's the safety for this trigger. You don't see too many Weihrauchs with Perfeckt triggers here in the US.

It's a Perfeckt trigger. It's a completely different trigger set up than the Rekord most people are familiar with. The Perfeckt was used on the base model Hw30 and maybe others. The trigger type determines the safety type. That's the safety for this trigger. You don't see too many Weihrauchs with Perfeckt triggers here in the US.

Oops, I missed your earlier post where you mentioned what it was. Thanks for reiterating. That's the first one I've seen. Apparently it was used on a version of the HW50 as well.

Here's my only HW30, a beater .177 I picked up and refurbished with new seals including a new piston which had the seal screw sheared off inside it. According to the serial number which on this one is on the barrel, it's a 1983 gun, although sure looks older. Has the Perfekt trigger and is a nice shooter in low 600s.

IMG_20240406_071643~2.jpg