• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Hatsan 95 Vortex is Coming, But ?

I want to get a "User" PCP, was thinking of the Benjamin Discovery in .22.

Was curious how many of you use that gun and what are your feelings on it as a serious hunting rig....it looks good and I like the simplicity of it. I very much like the reasonable price. I know you get about 25-30 shots before you need to recharge ... is that a problem ? do you carry the pump with you or a small tank ? 

My other choice would have been a Hatsan AT44-10 QE, but it is an extra $200+ ... do you feel it is worth it ?

Thank you for your response.

wll

Im not so sure you will get that many "Usable Shots" per fill, but there are many Disco guys here. When you go to a 3000 psi fill gun the cost is more than just the gun. Look into the cost of a tank to fill that thing. I got a Marauder in 25 thinking I could use a friends extra scuba tank. Wrong answer and $650 carbon fiber setup later I am all happy. Use the search feature on this site and dig around on tanks for 3000 psi fill guns. I spent more than I really needed but got a really nice setup.

Ya, I know .. I already have a few career 707's, both long and short versions and a couple of scuba tanks and pumps... so I'm set with that.

I'm not a fan of getting 15-20 shots per loading up. There are times where there are more shots then that and you are a ways from your car. Plus I don't want to lug a small tank around or a pump either.

25-30 power shots are a minimum, so I may need to look elsewhere ?

wll

Well the wait has been excruciatingly painful but it should be hear tomorrow. The newer rings are in, and I can't decide if I should use the crap scope that came with it or what......I may order a upgrade, with parallax, I don't need more than 9 power I believe.

EDIT: Just ordered a 3-12 30mm tube with parallax adjustment, should be perfect for this gun !

Tomorrow should be fun.

wll

The 95 arrived today, I will set it up after work, with I had the scope in for it, so I'll shoot it with the cr@p scope it comes with..

I will be using the new Crosman Piranhas ... hoping they group well
EDIT :

Just opened up the box for the Hatsan Vortex 95, and she is beautiful, very, very nice wood, everything is beyond what I expected ... but ...The scope is exactly what I expected, a real piece of molten fungus, This is one of the worst scopes I have ever seen, I don't think it is worth using as a target it is so bad, why waste a good .03c on this ;- ) That does not matter as I have a scope on the way. For the $149.99 paid, it is a heck of a nice looking gun ! When my 3x12 AO 30mm UTG scope comes in I'll set her up and give it a test.l

EDIT: Used the iron sights and shot a few, she was dieseling as I only shot about 5 shots, but you can tell, this is quite a gun, She will probably calm down a bit after another 25 shots or so. Just in case any of you had not shot this gun, it DOES take a bit of an effort to cock it, you need some strength for sure !

Can this gun be uncocked like most springers can, does anyone know ?

wll

"Dan25"I friend bought a Hatsan underlever and I has really nice walnut for the money. I feel ya on the low shot count. I get about 20 usable out of my 25 Marauder and wish for more but its not a really big deal as I just shoot around the house.
Ya, like everything in life there is a ying and yang... I like the fact that a gas piston has nothing to carry around and can be cocked for a long time. I like the ease of shooting a PCP, but don't like to carry around bottles or a pump to fill it up.

For me at the present time the gas piston is what I like, but I just might need a PCP to make me feel complete ;- )

wll

"tracer22"My disco is accurate with JSB 18.1's out to 40 yards. It has a power adjuster so I can dial in the best speed for each weight of pellet. The 2000 psi max pressure is easier to pump or you can get more fills from a scuba tank. Only drawback is that it's a single shot.
The Disco is sure priced right, and being a single shot is fine with me. I have thought about the disco a bit for sure.

wll

Well I just got some tins of JSB 15.8gr .22 Jumbos coming in ... Looking forward to see how they do, but won't get them till after Turkey day for sure.

I have all kinds of stuff heading my way, the only thing I need some gun cases, and I'm waiting on the Midway Black Friday sale on those .... need 44" and 48". the Midway brand is just awesome, I use them for my varmint and tactical rifles and they are a great value and very, very, very, well made.

wll

Just got back from a little plinking with the Hatsan 95 Vortex in .22 ... wholly crud ...set up an old sheet of 1/2 plywood I found on the desert floor, again, like I said, it was old, took 3 shots at it to see where I was hitting at 45 yds (range finder) .... each shot went right through and smashed into the bricks behind it !!

Using CPHP's I got at Walmart........This thing is a powerhouse for sure !

wll

"wll"Just got back from a little plinking with the Hatsan 95 Vortex in .22 ... wholly crud ...set up an old sheet of 1/2 plywood I found on the desert floor, again, like I said, it was old, took 3 shots at it to see where I was hitting at 45 yds (range finder) .... each shot went right through and smashed into the bricks behind it !!

Using CPHP's I got at Walmart........This thing is a powerhouse for sure !

wll
Went out again today and sent a CPHP through a tomato can like it was butter at 40+ rangefinder yards, Have pics but to lazy to upload to photo account. This gun is a monster, I hate to see what my 125TH Vortex .22 will do when I get it :- )

wll

Well I'm in love with the 95 so much i bought a Hatsan Vortex Edge in .22. Same power as a 95 but a no frills gun, synthetic stock, simple trigger, no SaS system. I wanted a lighter powerhouse and I think I have found it ;- ) I'll be putting a UTG 4x AO Mil Dot scope on it to keep it lights and tight.

I can hardly wait to get this gun, Ordered last Friday and will be here tomorrow ;- ) Oh did I mention it was ~$87.00 after discounts coupons and such, also get a pack of Hatsan pellets with it, and free shipping. This gun has gotten great reviews, it is basically just a 1000x or S in a different stock.

wll

Well, I got the Edge and put a scope on it and will take a picture tomorrow. For the money spent, it is really worth at least twice as much, maybe more. The gun is built like a little tank, yet is 6.6 lbs, a super carry hunting airgun. I got it home late so I really could not fully cock and shoot it, but I gave it a half cock,, and it takes a bit, so it probably does have the power the reviews say it does.This gun sort of reminds me of my old Webley C1, a great powerful little rifle, wish I never sold it ! I will be taking this gun out this weekend for a spin and report back ;- ) 

wll

"glengiles"How are you liking the UTG 4x32 AO? I'm really looking at that one for my 95. Did you come to a decision on a PCP? I was pretty much settled on an Synrod .25 but now the Sumatra 2500 is catching my eye, not so much the blinginess of it but I really like the idea of being able to dial the power up and down for different game/shots.
The 4x32 AO scope is perfect for me and perfect for the Edge. The scope is built very, very well and is a nice clean set up on this rifle. The mil-dot reticle is just fantastic on this little scope.

As far as PCP goes, yes... I bought a QB79 conversion, bur just yesterday I bought a Hatsan AT44S -10 QE Long in ,22. I'm very excited about getting this gun
, thought long and hard about the caliber, and for me .22 will work out perfect. I may put a custom regulator in it, but not sure yet ;- )

wll

PS: I'm getting my Career 707's checked and will be shooting those too ;- ) ... and if you are deciding on the Sumatra 2500, I'm sure it has the same power as my Career 707's ...they are absolute monsters and without a silencer they are load or louder than a .22 rifle ... they can be set up to be extremely powerful and probably like mine accurate as heck, If I did not need a non removable silenced gun made at the factory (Cal Gun Law) I may have not purchased the Hatsan PCP