My GX CS4-I

I was thinking more in terms of removing the tape for MX purposes down the road. But really, that is highly unlikely. I'm sure that black electrical tape would work just fine.

Let's just assume you and I will be sharing experiences of filling guns and tanks all the way to 2069, eh? :love:
Well, I don't think I will make it to 2069 as I would be 109 years old. I may not be around in the next couple of years... My youngest brother is dying as I post this and my health isn't getting any better either.

Thanks for your informative posts and I will say that I hope to participate here with you and others until I can't type anymore.

All my best!

Kerry

• Love
Reactions: F6Hawk
I don't think they bypass the PS, as the fan runs when connected. I briefly looked at the wiring when I had the PS off, and it appeared that 12vdc comes in to the PS, but immediately goes right out to the board, though it's hard to say for certain without unplugging wires. It may well pass thru DC circuitry to protect the motor; for certain, when I use DC to power the unit, the PS fan still runs. But it might be possible to burn the AC side and still have a working DC side; I'd have to see a schematic to verify (not gonna happen, obviously).

If nothing else, one could remove the PS completely, jumper the wires from the DC input to the DC output to the board, and likely still keep pumping. But I'd have to test this to be certain.
Ok, sounds like it will still do the job. That definitely would be an oversight if they didn't plan for that.

Finally got the CS4-I set up in its final resting place today. Put the filter on a block of wood cut to fit the handles when resting, and it hangs on the door post when in use.

1711496750692.png

1711496784846.png

1711496799250.png

1711496817244.png

Why the second smaller filter post compression? Isn’t that one just cotton? Wouldn’t the larger filter take care of any moisture much better than the smaller one?
Because I had purchased it based on threads here, before I had educated myself as to its actual usefulness, which is practically zilch. But since I already have it, I just put it in line as a water trap, with nothing in it. I should probably put some desiccant beads in it to give more surface area for the water to coalesce out when pumping.

When people post questions about filtration, I advocate against people wasting their time/money on these little filters.

My GX CS-4 water pump died a little back and forth with GX pump and they said they will get one from their supplier and get to me in a few weeks,
wow I did some digging on amazon will have one saturday yay for Prime. It's kinda sad that GX doesn't have any of those in the US for the largest customer base that they have. Ya know they have sold alot of them as many times as they are out of stock. ok enough rant still love this pump. All three of my HPA compressors GX CS2 , Tuxing twin bare bones model and this CS4 have been pretty much flawless in performance the fish pump motor in the CS4 is not a GX made product so I give em a pass

My GX CS-4 water pump died a little back and forth with GX pump and they said they will get one from their supplier and get to me in a few weeks,
wow I did some digging on amazon will have one saturday yay for Prime. It's kinda sad that GX doesn't have any of those in the US for the largest customer base that they have. Ya know they have sold alot of them as many times as they are out of stock. ok enough rant still love this pump. All three of my HPA compressors GX CS2 , Tuxing twin bare bones model and this CS4 have been pretty much flawless in performance the fish pump motor in the CS4 is not a GX made product so I give em a pass
This is where Omega shines . It’s Gx with support

My guess on the water pump for the CS4 was correct, the one from the big river is working just fine just cut the ends swapped the ends and I'm back filling my Huben's all the way. Here is the link to what I used in case anyone else has one fail. leave the white wire out/cut off

Great find, amnd thanks for sharing! Not sure how this ended up in my thread, but I'm glad it did.

If this is the one that was mentioned on the GX Facebook group I tried to get ahold of you.

I have the pumps

Reactions: BackStop