• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My GAMO PT80 Dark ltd.

I'm getting back into airguns and after reading up on pellet pistols decided upon this PT80 for several reasons.
Appearance, size, single or double action, 8 shots, a proven pistol that had all the right specifications like speed and shot/capsule capacity.
I had a GAMO PT23 years ago, so this was similar yet different.
Of course reading as I do about my new hobby, I read about a multitude of modifications, usually to Crosman products.
Longer barrels for increased pellet velocity with the same CO2 charge and 'glass'.
So;
I found a JUNTA CAÑÓN in Spain and have completed my order for a long barrel that was offered on a PT80 Tactial
I then found the associated GAMO pickatinny rail and screws ( in Great Britain ) for mounting the (Chinese) 'glass' and laser.
I will not buy the imitation silencer/suppressor prop, but will fashion a bespoke barrel shroud for the extra ~ 4" of the big 8".
Mike
IMG_0035.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Umarex CP99 for the same reasons that you state in your first sentence. Unfortunately, It was probably more expensive than your Gamo.
But I'll bet that it shoots just as well (or maybe a little better) than the PT80. Be interesting to see how they shoot against each other. Very accurate for a...mini-gun, easy to shoot single action. The double action shooting...sucks ! A long hard trigger pull that there isn't much of a fix, because of the internal design.
It's good for about a 1-1/2" or 1-5/8" group at about 18' .

1661062409814.png

Mike

Reactions: Mike_V
Strike One ! Live, read and lesson learned about difficulty obtaining Gamo spare parts.
The Gamo PT-80 spare parts 'JUNTA CANO^N' which I ordered arrived air mail special delivery:
OOPSIE ( in Spanish ) it's the wrong part and I've written to ask the Spanish broker (?) for consideration.
( Acearos de Hispania ) I have tried to communicate effectively and hope to get a long barrel !

Still hoping for a barrel from the broker (?) in Spain and sent a photo of their mistake maybe by Christmas.
I do like the Gamo which had one of the best Airgun Depot technical reviews with careful measurements and values derived from the impact effect upon the pipe cap target and knowing they tested indoors, corrected to "The standard day" atmosphere, and gravity.
I believe this out dated narrative by Johnathan, at least from a knock down power ( foot pound and bloody tales ) type of test.

"
My physics class was doing an experiment on the velocity of colliding objects, and our teacher told us to bring in our pellet and/or bb guns. The goal of the lab was to determine the muzzle velocity of various pellet/bb guns. The guns were held with the muzzles right up against a PVC pipe cap filled with foam that was resting on the edge of a wooden frame a about 4 feet from the floor. The pellet's and/or bb's would embed in the foam, and due to the laws of momentum conservation, momentum was conserved, and depending on the distance the cap traveled before it hit the floor, the initial velocity of the pellet could be calculated. When we completed the initial velocity calculations, all the guns had velocities either at or slightly below the manufacturer's ratings......except for one, my gamo pt-80. My PT-80 had an average calculated muzzle velocity of 642.7 fps, and a maximum of 686.8 fps. And that was over ten shots. I will admit that it did have a brand new co2 tank, but it was shooting standard crossman pellets. I'ts accuracy doesn't fall short either. I've taken down multiple doves and tree rats from over 20 yards. Plus the thing about running through co2 so fast is false. I get a good 55-60 shots out of the thing before I even start to notice it's giving out. I mean if you're just gonna pop off shots like crazy, that's one thing, but if you're actually aiming at something this gun lasts plenty long. Over all a really amazing pistol, It comes with 3 disc clips as well, I even got free spinner targets w/ mine!
"

Last edited: