FX My FX rifles good news and bad news

I love my Mav and Dreamline, but agree they require the most maint. With all the adjustability comes many moving parts and O rings.

Also because of the ease of adjustments they tend to be adjusted more often adding to increase chance of leaking.

I also think that the regs are the weak links with FX, way harder to balance pressure and hammer to get consistent .

I believe it has to do with the non robust design and smallish parts compared to like a AGT, which have much beefier components.

All that being said, I like so much about them, I am willing to put up with it for the features they provide.

Reactions: bdzjlz
I couldn't find 4x1.5mm O ring in 90 shore in any drawings of FX guns regulators.

Please give some reliable reference
FX site, Impact Mk3, good enough for you? I got some with a list of sizes/ hardnesses for my Mavericks from FX, the change was in the insert, along with, as I stated, a VERY incorrectly size O-ring. FX doesn't not update their drawings as an FYI.

Yes, check the weep hole for the leak when the bottle pressure is above the reg set point. If that's it, then you just need to replace the external O rings on the regulator.
thank you, I found out that I can get a o ring kit from Captain o ring.. I'm comfortable taking anything apart, well except for the regulator, only for two reasons, I've never successfully rebuilt a shop regulator and likely because I couldn't get parts and it was very small and I didn't have glasses at the time.. another regulator was large oxygen for my welding torch and well I don't remember what was wrong, I think I needed a diaphragm and found out that they refused to sell all Victor regulator parts, only factory rebuild because of liability.. don't seem fair to me, if you don't do it correctly and hurt yourself it your own fault.. hopefully this is not too political..
now as far as my gun.. there's two things I am not sure of.. how the regulator actually works and while the regulator adjustment is on the outside, without a regulator gauge and a chronograph all I could do is count turns and put it back exactly the same, hoping that the adjustment will be the same.. I suppose after shooting a few fills I could probably tell approximately when it dropped off the regulator 🤔
I'm a little bit disappointed that AOA sold me a new gun and parts are not available anymore.. it's 8 years old.. but I would guess that avenger parts might interchange since I have been told that it's the same platform..
if anyone has a avenger, and or avenger X diagram I'd love to see where the regulator adjustment screw is.. mine has the high low transfer port like the X..
thank you
Mark

I am going to sell my Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 thats has been working flawlessly to buy the new FX King with his beautiful GRS stock. But after reading this, now I am not sure if this would be a wise decision taking in consideration that I don’t live in the states and if I need any kind of services durring his warranty period It will be very expensive to me to shipped back to the states to do the repairs.

Do you consider this FX King backyard friendly? I am not sure to buy it in .22 or .25 cal, I already have plenty of pellets in both sizes because I have three more airguns. Any reason why you choose the .25 over the .22 cal? Thanks

View attachment 416059
Man, I wouldn’t do it if I was in your shoes. You have a rock solid rifle that is just as accurate as the King. Having to send my Maverick back for RMA a few weeks into ownership soured me. I made no power increases and my valve bent and damaged the block. They had to replace it all. And the rifle arrived with a stripped screw that held the cocking linkage. Then once I got it back I played the fx liner POI shift game.

I had a Cricket Tac II 60 25 cal. It was just too much rifle for my current shooting needs. I think you will miss having it, especially if you get a King and it has problems. There is something to be said about boring consistent rifles. Remember why you bought the Kalibrgun in the first place. Is it worth possible issues just for a nice stock? Just my 2 cents.

FX site, Impact Mk3, good enough for you? I got some with a list of sizes/ hardnesses for my Mavericks from FX, the change was in the insert, along with, as I stated, a VERY incorrectly size O-ring. FX doesn't not update their drawings as an FYI.
Basically you have mentioned 4x1.5 O rings to be 90 shore while FX website shows these O rings to be 70 shore.

I need to discuss this difference.

I have three fx’s. A crown, maverick, and dynamic. Of the three ive only had one leek. That was in the crown, because I hadn’t used an air dryer and water had gotten into it and after some time there was corrosion beginning to form where the valve screws into the bottle. I took it apart, buffed it with scotch brite, put it back together and no more problems.
I like the tunability of the fx guns and the ability to power them up. Its true they’re not as beefy, but there’s work arounds for that. Like tensioning the barrel.

Basically you have mentioned 4x1.5 O rings to be 90 shore while FX website shows these O rings to be 70 shore.

I need to discuss this difference.
I've said, they don't update their drawings, I got the numbers from the sheet they sent me with a rebuild kit. Believe it or not, completely your option.

I know I posted this in another thread but don’t over think that more orings makes something crazily complex. Any pcp gun is going to eventually leak. To fix that leak you are going to have to tear the gun apart no matter if it has 10 orings or 40. Changing old orings for new ones isn’t hard in itself. The most difficult part is disassembly and reassembly which you will have to do irregardless of oring number.

I know I posted this in another thread but don’t over think that more orings makes something crazily complex. Any pcp gun is going to eventually leak. To fix that leak you are going to have to tear the gun apart no matter if it has 10 orings or 40. Changing old orings for new ones isn’t hard in itself. The most difficult part is disassembly and reassembly which you will have to do irregardless of oring number.
And if you're planning on having multiples or even one, it's way cheaper to buy bags of 0-rings than those silly kits that seem to leave things out, like not knowing that a gun has TWO regulators but the FX Drawings only show one.

I have a Donny Fl Sumo moderator on my King and shoot it in a fairly urban setting in relatively close proximy to my neighbors. It is sufficiently quiet.
Thanks for the info, If these new FX King are backyard friendly I will not hesitate to buy one, in fact before selling the cricket I removed the Sumo and installed one of my Huggett moderators and became even more quieter which is why I decided to sell it along with the rifle to put another on the next one I buy. Currently these are the ones I am using on my others three Avengers. From left to right is the Huggett snipe standard, the Buck-Rail 3D printed, the sumo and FX DonnyFL moderators.

IMG_7908.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

I've said, they don't update their drawings, I got the numbers from the sheet they sent me with a rebuild kit. Believe it or not, completely your option.
only difference is hardness or toughness.. one is just softer than the other.. I actually prefer the harder ones where there's movement and softer ones for areas that fit well and just need sealing.. but both have their place.
Mark

basically the only difference is how many moving parts and pieces to disassemble.. in my opinion the only thing that makes a gun a bad one is poorly machined and fitted parts.. or worse yet no parts available.. I just don't like it when parts are not available.. guess I am totally against things with no parts are available because I don't like how much stuff is basically disposable..
Mark

And if you're planning on having multiples or even one, it's way cheaper to buy bags of 0-rings than those silly kits that seem to leave things out, like not knowing that a gun has TWO regulators but the FX Drawings only show one.
only reason I see to get a kit is if you either don't know, or can't find out what the sizes are, or if it contains other parts, even like seals.. if you have the sizes of the o ring it's normally a easy thing to get packages of them assuming that it's not once and done and you don't have plans for anything similar..
like my American tactical liberty nova 22.. they are out of business, AOA who I bought it from 8 years ago has never worked on it.. but recommended Captain O ring and they have the kit, it relatively cheap $20 and I don't have any parts breakdown for sizes.. a lot of times they are not easy to measure used during to crush, pressure or just age.. so I'll get the kit, measure each one and make a list.. and hopefully everything is in there that's needed.. I guess 8 years is not too bad for the o rings.. and well if something is missing, I'll try to measure the old one and get a couple that are close and just hand fit..
I've changed a lot of o ring in machines over the years and as long as you have a pick it's not that bad.. well except for my F-150 oil filter.. one of these days I will just totally get fed up with fighting the new o rings on.. they don't stretch out enough to make it easier, so I'll just machine a tapered applicator and lube them up and it will be easy.. they have to be the 90 ones..
mark