FX My FX rifles good news and bad news

Thanks for the info, If these new FX King are backyard friendly I will not hesitate to buy one, in fact before selling the cricket I removed the Sumo and installed one of my Huggett moderators and became even more quieter which is why I decided to sell it along with the rifle to put another on the next one I buy. Currently these are the ones I am using on my others three Avengers. From left to right is the Huggett snipe standard, the Buck-Rail 3D printed, the sumo and FX DonnyFL moderators.

View attachment 416424

View attachment 416429
with that selection it's got to be hard to shoot? which one today? why not two? oh well drag them all out and then run out of time.. that collection is wonderful
Mark

Reactions: Ray_PR
thank you, I found out that I can get a o ring kit from Captain o ring.. I'm comfortable taking anything apart, well except for the regulator, only for two reasons, I've never successfully rebuilt a shop regulator and likely because I couldn't get parts and it was very small and I didn't have glasses at the time.. another regulator was large oxygen for my welding torch and well I don't remember what was wrong, I think I needed a diaphragm and found out that they refused to sell all Victor regulator parts, only factory rebuild because of liability.. don't seem fair to me, if you don't do it correctly and hurt yourself it your own fault.. hopefully this is not too political..
now as far as my gun.. there's two things I am not sure of.. how the regulator actually works and while the regulator adjustment is on the outside, without a regulator gauge and a chronograph all I could do is count turns and put it back exactly the same, hoping that the adjustment will be the same.. I suppose after shooting a few fills I could probably tell approximately when it dropped off the regulator 🤔
I'm a little bit disappointed that AOA sold me a new gun and parts are not available anymore.. it's 8 years old.. but I would guess that avenger parts might interchange since I have been told that it's the same platform..
if anyone has a avenger, and or avenger X diagram I'd love to see where the regulator adjustment screw is.. mine has the high low transfer port like the X..
thank you
Mark
do you have a exploded view diagram of the avenger regulator? that's the one part I don't understand how exactly it works.. I looked up general shop regulator and there's different styles.. so it would be great to see a exploded view.. like a parts diagram..
parts diagram is all I use in the shop for engines and machines.. and then the specifications for measurements and bolt torque's..
Mark

only difference is hardness or toughness.. one is just softer than the other.. I actually prefer the harder ones where there's movement and softer ones for areas that fit well and just need sealing.. but both have their place.
Mark
Which, apparently is why FX has gone to 90's in the regulators, areas that move.

Reactions: markhooper
FX guns have a lot of features but each feature requires additional parts and O rings. It's a personally preference, less features does equate to more reliable all other things are equal. I did have a broken valve stem on one of my Dreamlines but it had well over 20k shots and FX fixed it for free, but that's about the only major issues I had over 8 different FX guns. My impacts have been flawless even though I took them apart more times than I would like to admit.

Personally I enjoy all the features so I don't mind learning how to change O rings which isn't hard from all the YouTube videos. I have simple guns too but I don't enjoy them as much. Just like cars, some people like simple cars and some like fancy cars with lots of features and fancy cars aren't as reliable as simple cars.

Last edited:
I had a leak once that took me awhile to locate. Ended up being the front of sekhmet digital regulator.
Hello, this is Nicole from Sekhmet. It seems you've got a defective Sekhmet digital gauge which leaked, pls contact me here or by mail: [email protected]
Pls forward the pictures or a video about the leakage problem you've found, we'll arrange you a new one for replacement asap.

ok.. I just thought PCP and water and moisture was not a good combination.. but it is how I check tires and when I did excavation we always did a pressure test overnight on gas and water lines.. but we used soapy water to see the bubbles easily..
I have a american tactical liberty nova 22 that I got around 8 years ago.. I believe they are not in business anymore and it's started to leak down.. it drops 1000 psi per week and stops at 2000 PSI and that I think seems like the regulator pressure setting and has held that for a month now..
does anyone have a idea where the leak might be.. it very similar to the avenger and regulated but it is adjustable but no regulator pressure gauge..
I'm thinking if it was tank it would go empty.. same with the valve.. so the only place I can think of is the regulator atmosphere vent area..
any ideas??
Mark
Take the shroud off and tape a balloon over the end of the barrel. The poppet has a really soft material inside of a can. When the material wears down the poppet will bottom on the can and allow it to leak. By the way. The liberty, Aspen/freedom, and the avenger are all made by Nova. If it's not leaking from the barrel then as has been said it's probably the regulator. Also by the way, the regulator is adj on the liberty it's just a lot harder to do.

thank you, I found out that I can get a o ring kit from Captain o ring.. I'm comfortable taking anything apart, well except for the regulator, only for two reasons, I've never successfully rebuilt a shop regulator and likely because I couldn't get parts and it was very small and I didn't have glasses at the time.. another regulator was large oxygen for my welding torch and well I don't remember what was wrong, I think I needed a diaphragm and found out that they refused to sell all Victor regulator parts, only factory rebuild because of liability.. don't seem fair to me, if you don't do it correctly and hurt yourself it your own fault.. hopefully this is not too political..
now as far as my gun.. there's two things I am not sure of.. how the regulator actually works and while the regulator adjustment is on the outside, without a regulator gauge and a chronograph all I could do is count turns and put it back exactly the same, hoping that the adjustment will be the same.. I suppose after shooting a few fills I could probably tell approximately when it dropped off the regulator 🤔
I'm a little bit disappointed that AOA sold me a new gun and parts are not available anymore.. it's 8 years old.. but I would guess that avenger parts might interchange since I have been told that it's the same platform..
if anyone has a avenger, and or avenger X diagram I'd love to see where the regulator adjustment screw is.. mine has the high low transfer port like the X..
thank you
Mark

The parts for the liberty were never available.
Here's a video on taking the liberty apart.

In my pcp collection that includes FX, Air Arms, Daystate, RAW, Kalibrgun, Weihrauch, and Brocock air rifles, my FX air rifles are among the smoothest, most accurate, most ergonomic, and powerful. They are an absolute joy to shoot and I have no regrets.

The bad news, they require absolutely the most maintenance. Within the last year, I have purchased a .22 Panthera 700mm, a .22 Impact MK3 600mm, and a .25 King.

The old .25 FX Royale in my collection is superbly accurate and has only been resealed once in all of the years of service.

The Panthera was back to FX 3 times within the first three months of ownership before they were successful in stopping the leak off situation that occurred between shooting sessions.

Me new King and Impact are virtually new and both are now leaking off. I have not developed the knack of successfully finding the leaks, and they are still under warranty, so they will both probably be going back to the very reputable dealers for repair in the coming weeks.

None of the other rifles in my collection show the propensity for so many leak issues, but I enjoy the FX rifles so much that I tolerate this, and have just come to accept it and expect it as part of owning them.

This is not a complaint post, just letting those contemplating such purchases to be prepared to have some patience.
Which ones have the least amount of problems the Brokock

Thank you for the FX master class tip. I must have been living under a rock. I didn’t know these
I prefer the videos by Airbuks. Airbuks does a great job of concisely presenting information, great close-up shots on the details, editing, and all in a visually clean environment without distractions. When it comes time to disassemble my M3 that’s where I’ll go.

Reactions: DesertSilver
There's a product called Snoop leak detector that I bought off Amazon. It's non-corrosive and should work well although I haven't tried it yet. Got it after rusting my Marauder with soapy water trying to find a leak. The last time I put it together it held though, been six months now. Only FX I've had is the Impact, but it's been leak free for 3 years now.

Hello, this is Nicole from Sekhmet. It seems you've got a defective Sekhmet digital gauge which leaked, pls contact me here or by mail: [email protected]
Pls forward the pictures or a video about the leakage problem you've found, we'll arrange you a new one for replacement asap.
Hello Nicole, My name is Joel Candela and I am writing to you from Lima, Peru. My brother bought me 4 sekhmet digital gauges last year, for my Impact and Crown, but 3 of them leak as you can see in the attached videos, tell me, what can I do? Please....

And if you're planning on having multiples or even one, it's way cheaper to buy bags of 0-rings than those silly kits that seem to leave things out, like not knowing that a gun has TWO regulators but the FX Drawings only show one.
I have many spare orings for m3, what maintenance for them so they can last years before we use it?

I have many spare orings for m3, what maintenance for them so they can last years before we use it?
I think you're asking if they o-rings have a shelf life. Yes they do, it's 15 years if kept in the dark, no UV or heat extremes. I just looked it up. BUT I'm sort of wondering if you can't lube them up and have them last longer. But heck they are so cheap why bother. The one's I have will outlive me probably.

Hello Nicole, My name is Joel Candela and I am writing to you from Lima, Peru. My brother bought me 4 sekhmet digital gauges last year, for my Impact and Crown, but 3 of them leak as you can see in the attached videos, tell me, what can I do? Please....

Hi Joel,
I believe you've reached me by Gmail and we've had a very pleasant conversation. Since you bought our gauges from Krale, and we worked very well with Krale for many years. We always take responsibility for supporting customer service to Krale to replace your defective gauges. Nice to talk with you, I do appreciate your kind understanding and support for Sekhmet.
Nicole

Nice post. When I can't find a leak I dunk it.
Get yourself some of these and add non corrosive leak solution.

Screenshot_20240104_120058_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My five year old Dreamline Classic has not leaked.
The Wildcat i bought new a year ago has leaked since day one.It's such a slow leak,50 bar a month that's not worth taking apart to find it.
My few month old Maverick leaks 1.5 bar a day, I have CRC leak detector on the way but if it is not something like a gauge, I’m not opening up the Mav to find it, until it becomes a fast leak. It is shooting great why chance it. lol

Reactions: MaineJim