FX My FX rifles good news and bad news

I'd have to agree, I have two Royales and only one leak issue with one and it was an easy fix, which has lasted a year and still going. FX does seem to make the race car version of airguns, and that's just their forte'. I thought I wanted a Crown, but am glad I went a different route. I like all the technology, but sometimes, I just wanna shoot and not figure out every little thing. I would suggest if someone wants a simply Royale-like gun, (they're still made), that they also consider Brocock and Airmaks. Simple guns, that just work, period.

My few month old Maverick leaks 1.5 bar a day, I have CRC leak detector on the way but if it is not something like a gauge, I’m not opening up the Mav to find it, until it becomes a fast leak. It is shooting great why chance it. lol
Why not use the warranty?
Perhaps the shipping would be expensive, but Id expect the retailer would probably pay the return shipping, and even tune it exactly how youd like it, while they have it???
Maybe Im wrong?

Last edited:
I'd have to agree, I have two Royales and only one leak issue with one and it was an easy fix, which has lasted a year and still going. FX does seem to make the race car version of airguns, and that's just their forte'. I thought I wanted a Crown, but am glad I went a different route. I like all the technology, but sometimes, I just wanna shoot and not figure out every little thing. I would suggest if someone wants a simply Royale-like gun, (they're still made), that they also consider Brocock and Airmaks. Simple guns, that just work, period.
Speaking of Royales....
Great guns, and I still see them on FX's web site, but I dont recall seeing any available from the online retailers....
Perhaps Im not looking hard enough?
I think my 22 Royale, just might be the last one I would ever sell, and after 8 or 10 years of ownership, Ive never had any issues with it at all!

Reactions: L.Leon
Why not use the warranty?
Perhaps the shipping would be expensive, but Id expect the retailer would probably pay the return shipping, and even tune it exactly how youd like it, while they have it???
Maybe Im wrong?
When it gets worse, I will. I’ve got it tuned for the 25.39 MRD @ 930 with under 10 ES, 2 SD. It’s shooting too good to mess with for now.

Reactions: Airgun Al
70 durometer is softer rubber than the 90 durometer
I understand the difference between 70 vs 90 shore.

I was just amazed that whenever I disassembled an FX Impact, the regulator had 70 shore O rings of 4mm x 1.5mm

90 shore O ring of 2mm x 1mm

90 shore O ring of 10mm x 1.5mm

Now as you say that FX provided you 4x1.5 O rings in 90 shore. This was strange for me