FWB My FWB 300S Hates Meisters

Ran some pellets across chrono. AA 7.33 about 620 FPS. AA 7.87 around 600. AA 8.4 around 570. Good accuracy with all, all a little north of 6 FPE. Wanted to test some wadcutters. Grabbed some 8.2 Meisters. 450 FPS. 460 FPS. Thought the spring had broken. Nope. Put AA domes back in and it does its thing. Anyone else ever seen this? Or have another wadcutter that works well in the 300S?

I skimmed right past that sorry. That does seem extreme. I've noticed the 8gr Meisterkugeln are definitely snugger going in than the 7gr so I'm wondering if thats coming into play. Have you done the tissue test over the breech? I'm wondering if the tighter/snugger fit is allowing back pressure to push past the breech seal. Its a bit late here but if someone doesn't give you an answer tonight or tomorrow, I'll chrono my gun to see if its similar to yours and let you know.

Reactions: beerthief
you would have to know the size of the pellets i believe the R-1 and Meisters come in 4.51-4.50-4.49-4.48mm yes both do in both weights
a few years ago PA was selling R-10 7gr in 4.49 for 4 bucks a can i have no idea why but i got 8 cans
now we all know a can of pellets if sorted will give a collection of many sizes so ?
now if you have read enough on pellet testing Hobby pellets seem to always get their chance to shine and i would say all the time, they slower than the rest
in you case very slow at 120FPS you said they were tight and that why they are slow
PA doesn't list pellet head size on the new site and i can't remember if they did before
https://rws-ammunition.com/en/products/air-gun-pellets

accuracy and fit should be looked at

it is an interesting problem that all should keep in mind

Reactions: beerthief
“Or have another wadcutter that works well in the 300S?”

Maybe try some RWS Basic 7.0gr. I randomly measure a few and the head size was 4.46mm. I can’t speak for these in a F300 but my Diana 75, Walther LGV Spezial rifles, Diana 6 and 10 ten meter guns do really well with them and they are reasonably priced. I believe they have a good overall following and great all around paper puncher and plinking pellet. Your mileage may vary!

IMG_7701.jpeg

IMG_7702.jpeg

The issue is more likely the skirt than the head.

Traditional RWS designs (Meister, Hobby, Superdome, Superpoint, Super H-Point) are made of pretty stiff lead, and the skirts are fairly thick and significantly larger in diameter than most pellets. I've measured them at up to .186 or more, where most .177 ammo is around .182 or .183. JSB pellet skirts are softer, thinner, and smaller, which makes a big difference.

Traditional RWS designs (Meister, Hobby, Superdome, Superpoint, Super H-Point) are made of pretty stiff lead, and the skirts are fairly thick and significantly larger in diameter than most pellets. I've measured them at up to .186 or more, where most .177 ammo is around .182 or .183. JSB pellet skirts are softer, thinner, and smaller, which makes a big difference.
Kind of what I’m wondering. The JSB and AA are normally pretty loose in most of my other guns but are a nice fit in this 300. Play with it over Christmas vacation and let y’all know what I find.

What MDriskill said. That is a huge drop in FPS though, isn’t it?