• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My FiX Wildcat MK2 Review

I quit watching gun reviews when I saw a guy review a known crapper and couldn’t believe how he brushed over the absolutely known issues with the gun. I had one, and with many others, put in work trying to fix them. I watched this because I was perplexed by your gun and tried to help. If all reviews were like this, I would watch them. It’s much healthier for the airgun enthusiast, wrestling with a decision on a gun to understand the lemon potential rather than being baffled with bullpoop. The late night google freak is still going to ignore the bad things he sees about his dream gun. That can only be fixed when he touches the hot stove often enough. Isn’t ironic how a problem child likes to make you look like a liar. Glad you didn’t edit it out. But remember, your journey is here in the pages of this forum.

Indeed. I’m still waiting for the availability of the “Superior” barrel in .177. They keep saying soon. Hoping that it will be my Goldilocks.

Would be nice if they made a .177 Lothar Walther drop in barrel for that particular caliber?

Then it would be extremely pellet friendly at any speed. Can't have that now can we?

From what I have seen on this forum and in general, for some companies do try to proactively do try to help users of their products if there is an issue with the company’s products. Some company’s do this regardless if the user is the original purchaser of the product. One company that helps all users on some level, if they can, is EdGun. Some times even Ed he has gotten directly involved to help resolve the users issue if one of his dealers / AGN contributors can’t help the user. However, it is well known Ed takes great pride in the reliability of his products. This direct loyalty to the users of the company’s products builds the user’s respect of the product and more importantly the loyalty of the users to the product. Some dealers are amazing for helping users too.

A company in the outdoor clothing gear world famous for always being loyalty to the users of their product is the clothing / gear brand Patagonia. Patagonia stands behind the quality and reliability of their products. More than once I know people who are not the original purchaser of the product get the product repair by Patagonia, most of the time for free, i.e. return for repair or send you the parts to repair it yourself and tell you how and if not, at a VERY minimal price. This repair was done even with normal wear and tear on the product. I have experienced the former a couple of times in my 30 years of using Patagonia products. Some of my Patagonia jackets are close to 25 years old, they look a bit worn, but still functional. Patagonia is probably factors of a 100 times larger than any airgun manufacturer and yet, always there for the users of their product. All companies, within reason, should follow Patagonia’s. And notice I said USERs not just original purchasers.

If there is a design flaw with a product, i.e. a certain percentage of the product produced not the overall number, there should be a recall the product. Yes, there can be the one off issue, but if the manufacture themselves tells you “Yeah we haven’t had the best luck with that product, but you can fix it by buying our fix”, like what happened with @intenseaty22, this is inexcusable. So SHAME ON YOU @FXAIRGUNS. @FX @FXAIRGUNSUSA.

If there is a known design flaw in the product then manufacture should fix the product for the user of the gun free of charge. I said design flaw, not the user messed it up, and even then the manufacture or dealer should help the user get it right, even if just it is technical advice.

@campfussell Jimmy, trust me, that was the thing I kept wishing I could do, or a CZ. I feel it’s doable, unfortunately I don’t have the equipment required to machine something like that at this point.

@odoyle, I ran the gamut of speeds that the gun allowed me and this was by far the best tunes. At some point, it was shooting great at 975fps with 8.44s, but that didn’t last long, something changed & I could not get it back. Also, I don’t want it shooting hot, I have a kill range of 35 yards with neighbors. But, would have been thrilled with anything at that point. 

@nathan I looked at everything, nothing left unturned. Besides, the gun would shoot perfectly for a bit, and then....poof crap again. This too is part of my rant, how many BS little things can be wrong with these things? Also, the gun looked mint when I got it. Visual inspection and experience told me the seller didn’t lie about it never had been taken apart.

@ALL thank you for all your previous help and advice on this gun, and words of encouragement for the review. 

@kenn1320 The seller did offer a refund. Eventually he paid me for the Huma, and I decided to keep the gun as it was shooting very well after the install. That was short lived and the gun required extensive work on my part after that. But, I had decided to keep it & I did. Sometimes it would shoot 8.44s into a single hole, only to shoot them the next day like crap. Very inconsistent & unreliable.

If you watch the whole video, you will see how I feel about it in regards to FX. Dude literally tells me “in .177 they are hit or miss” I’m also not the only person to report this issue with FX guns in .177, so yeah, they get the blame. And while I appreciate & did acknowledge the improvements & innovation, that does diddly for me, unless of course I pony up for the “new & improved” whatever that promises to fix something they didn’t do really well in the first place.