• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

My first try at the official Nat50 cards. Couldn't break 700, but fun trying.

First time I've shot the mini Cricket and it shows. Haven't been doing anything but blasting stuff with the Huben since I got it.

Anyway started right before dark with the first card. Shot a 236 and thought I would do better on the next two but it didn't happen for me?

Went to fill the gun after the first card and couldn't get a good fill with my Ayrtekk Booster? That's when I noticed my input tank was showing below 500 psi and high pressure side tank was just under 1500 psi? I'm guessing the gauges aren't two accurate when they get that low? So, filled up both bottles close to 3000 psi from my nitrogen bottle and went back to work on the shootin'.

It was dark by then so placed a flash light out there to shoot by. Didn't use any wind flags and would need some glow in the dark ones if I had them? LOL

Here's the results below

Cricket 25 50yds March 6 2021 a.1615153109.jpg
Cricket 25 50yds March 6 2021 b.1615153109.jpg
Cricket 25 50yds March 6 2021 c.1615153109.jpg
Cricket 25 50yds March 6 2021 d.1615153109.jpg
Cricket 25 50yds March 6 2021 e.1615153109.jpg

Jimmy inspired me. Just got my new official 11 X 17" NAT 50 targets late last week.

I tried my hand today at 50 yards with my .22 Redwolf Safari HP. Wind was pretty constant at 4-6 mph based on Kestrel and Weather Channel. Sometimes it was right to left, then it came at me with a head wind, then left to right at times and even an occasional tail wind. I did have two Surveyor flags out at around 20 and 40 yards.

I was the only one at my Sight-in 50/100 yard range, yippee! I shot 3 cards and threw away a fourth, it was just that bad. This was my first attempt at this and I have to say I do like it a bunch. Two of the cards were sub-par, but the wind was blowing the MRDs all over the place. At times I was able to read the wind, get a good hold on the 7 ring at 3:00 o'clock and get a couple of good bulls. Other times, I missed the call. I am starting to get a bit better but not "consistently." What else is new?

Here are the cards: The one nice highlight is that I "think" I may have found the right projectile for 50 yard BR with the JSB KO's on medium power, which was the 240 card. My holds were not too far from the center bull and I was using four new style DS mags. The first card was with SST only. Second card was Magazines. 

Mike N - Can I use these cards to post Anschutz .22 RF results? Or, is this strictly for air guns?

Thanks, Tom

IMG_2609.1615238251.jpg
IMG_2607.1615238252.jpg
IMG_2608.1615238252.jpg

Thanks guys. I wasn't dealing with much wind at all. The bad shooting was all my fault and not been shooting the Cricket or for precision in a while.

Great shooting Tom, that Safari loves those Knockouts!!! Nice!!!

I saw where jdh2550 asked about printable targets? I sent ya a private message bud. I have them saved to PDF but can't remember where I got them from. But it's really worth the money to contact Joe Friedrich and buy some from him. That thick 80# paper is hard to beat. I'd rather buy targets from Joe and Mike and put my money back into the sport we love so much.

And Thank's Joe for sending the targets out so quickly! Love em!

Peace and Nat50 grease!

Thanks guys. I wasn't dealing with much wind at all. The bad shooting was all my fault and not been shooting the Cricket or for precision in a while.

Great shooting Tom, that Safari loves those Knockouts!!! Nice!!!

I saw where jdh2550 asked about printable targets? I sent ya a private message bud. I have them saved to PDF but can't remember where I got them from. But it's really worth the money to contact Joe Friedrich and buy some from him. That thick 80# paper is hard to beat. I'd rather buy targets from Joe and Mike and put my money back into the sport we love so much.

And Thank's Joe for sending the targets out so quickly! Love em!

Peace and Nat50 grease!

Your Welcome

Happy to see you both received the targets. Nice shooting from the both of you. You both need flags setup, it is the only way to see what's going on, let alone boost your scores.

Tom, the targets are the same for RF so you can shoot your anschutz.

Thanks for posting, and wish you both continued fun.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks guys. The cards are nice and do make nice clear holes!

Re. 240 card - I made a couple of scoring mistakes that I saw after I posted the pics. The “240” was really a “238.”

I realized I actually scored the lower value on a couple targets. I will post the corrected card tomorrow. 

I knew it was too good to be true! 

Good job guys. I will reiterate what Joe said. You cannot shoot precision type BR without flags and do well. They are an essential tool. The needed adjustments are way too fine. Without flags you are simply just guessing at what the wind might be doing.

Tom, you probably have at least 5 more X’s on your 240 card. You use the .224” top and .210 bottom plug. For pellets, you use the .350” top plug with the .210 shank. it’s important that you use the right plug or you will not be able to compare your scores with any meaning. In the slug/rimfire class you must touch the dot with the plug to score an X. In the pellet class, you must cover the entire dot with the plug to get an X. I will post a diagram.

Jummy...you have some errors in your favor, and some against you, too.

It’s a good idea to write the scores in the target box the same each time so when you scan the target to add up your score your eyes are always looking in the right spots. I write the score number in the lower right corner of the box, and if the x is made it gets put in the upper right corner of the box.

Mike 

EAF7DD9B-9777-4ABE-8A3A-176623945A49.1615301423.jpeg

Good job guys. I will reiterate what Joe said. You cannot shoot precision type BR without flags and do well. They are an essential tool. The needed adjustments are way too fine. Without flags you are simply just guessing at what the wind might be doing.

Tom, you probably have at least 5 more X’s on your 240 card. You use the .224” top and .210 bottom plug. For pellets, you use the .350” top plug with the .210 shank. it’s important that you use the right plug or you will not be able to compare your scores with any meaning. In the slug/rimfire class you must touch the dot with the plug to score an X. In the pellet class, you must cover the entire dot with the plug to get an X. I will post a diagram.

Jummy...you have some errors in your favor, and some against you, too.

It’s a good idea to write the scores in the target box the same each time so when you scan the target to add up your score your eyes are always looking in the right spots. I write the score number in the lower right corner of the box, and if the x is made it gets put in the upper right corner of the box.

Mike 

EAF7DD9B-9777-4ABE-8A3A-176623945A49.1615301423.jpeg

Steve - I did use scoring plugs. But, they are not labeled on the plug for caliber, so rather then measuring I got lazy and estimated. Bad move. Q. How do you guys know which plug to use for which caliber without using a caliper? I never used these so bear with my ignorance. I just looked at my 5 plugs and they are not caliber marked. 

Mike N - I am using Two flags for 50 yard BR. They are rudimentary but I have two flags on each 5’ pole and DO show wind direction, and I have been using for the past few months. It may not show on my results, but I am. 😀

I will follow the suggestion on scoring /writing in bottom right corner. Having a blast with this, very addicting.

Tx...Tom 

Hi Tom,

There are 2 .224 plugs for slugs....one of them if for 177....and the other is for 22. The 22 is the bigger shank of the two.

For the .350 plugs...just put them in order of size and they will be 177, 22, 25, and 30. If you are having trouble telling which is which which by sight....color the top of the plugs with different color markers or paint.

Mike 

Well I gave this N50 stuff a try yesterday. I only had time for one target but it sure was fun and quite a challenge. I used my Avenger .22 using a 3x9 scope with a reticle so thick it nearly covered the entire target, 18 grain JSB and bone stock tune, $20 knock off bi-pod and rear scrunch bag in a 5-8 swirling wind. I didn’t have a set of plugs so I was just guesstimating my score of 215. Thanks for lighting the fire Mike and Joe, it’s a hoot. Can’t wait to try it again.

D55D1976-C1CA-43B1-A095-88F9DA8DBD39.1615433635.jpeg

96335697-DB88-48FA-99C8-0B72A4748034.1615433727.jpeg

Reactions: CampFussell