My first springer

Here is my recommendation. Get the hw97 in 177 or 20. After shooting it alot and having fun with it until the warranty runs out get it tuned by motorhead. A fully tuned hw97 is a thing of beauty. That being said all of those springers are excellent. The hw would be my pick because I am a trigger snob and the rekord trigger is the best in the west. The TX has a nicer stock but honestly that a detrimental feature for me. I'd never want to take it in the woods. Another option is the diana 54. It is a magnum springer that has a recoiless reciever. No artillery hold necessary. It's the only magnum springer that is still really accurate out to 50 and beyond IMO. Goodluck 

Raden, I have to disagree strongly.

I've owned lots of 54's & 56TH's, lots of 48's to 52's. Everything in between from RWS, HW, AA, Theoben.

Now I admit I miss my JIPA buttoned piston RWS 54 .22 doing 25 ft/lbs and shooting 12oz cans out to 125 yards quite easily in no wind. Way before slugs were mainstream, like 9 years ago but slugs had been around 11 years further back.

Anyway my point is I have a JIPA tuned 52 .25 that's capable of 1/4-1/2" groups at 75 yards. It's follow through & everything else but yes a 54's sled is VERY cool because I could watch the pellets travel to target and not loose sight picture. Especially easy on the 12-20 ft/lb ones.

I just don't believe it's fair or true to say it's the only magnum springer that's accurate. But what's Magnum these days? 
I honestly believe that the artillery hold is for folks that don't understand how to shoulder a springer with even pressure for good follow through that comes straight back. 
Long piston stroke? Lighter piston faster shorter stroke and a 11" barrel? 
No current swept volume spring gun needs a barrel longer then 11". 
They're only long for leverage.

If anyone has ever owned a Michael McKeown stock you know what I mean. I had a 18 ft/lb .22 R1 with his stock and it's the ONLY non sled magnum springer that allowed me to watch pellet through scope. 
There's so many tiny things that make a difference.

Of the 3 mentioned I like the 97 the best and have owned all 3 . The TX is the looker in the group , The Walther is a solid choice also . All 3 are excellent but each. Kinda has its own personality. But a 97 to me just " feels" best when the trigger breaks .

A well tuned sub 12 ft lb 97 is an absolute Lazer . 

Just my experience fresh outta the box accuracy wise they have stacked up like this .

HW , Walther , AA. But another shooter would rank them differently I'm sure . 

Last year I bought the TX200 and I love the gun however, I don't shoot it. It is so hard for me to load with my big hands that it is no fun. After questioning members here about the HW97 I did purchase a HW97 in 22 caliber. Except for the twang and vibration I really started having fun shooting it. I decided to get me another one in .177 caliber with the sub 12 footpound. This is the one I shoot all the time now. Great gun and fun to shoot. Easy to load.

I have had the AA TX200 MK111. I had a Diana 54 Air King. On the way is a Blue Laminate HW97K. All three are heavy rifles, but all were or will be shot off a rest Pure joy? My first spring gun, an FWB 124D. Light enough to carry, accurate as hell. Good looking, and fun to shoot, and easy to cock. Easy as my little HW30, about 18 LBS. each, but the FWB 124D is about 160 FPS faster. I would like to shoot the new version and compare it. 
1594577926_9497037775f0b54060b0a70.50102138.jpg

Went straight into PCPs HUH? Went straight to College without elementary middle and high school. Only an RWS 54 AND 56 will make you happy. Shoot up to 200 yards with either in 22. No other Springer currently in production can beat it in accuracy shooting 100 yards and beyond. Expect 1 inch or better at 50 yards without having to try hard or holding a certain way or if it's your Springer "off day (unlucky)" and I'd I were forced to only have one Springer probably be a 54 or 56 in 22. Downside heavy and loud. Don't see why not a bipod on these since it slides on rails within the stock. Don't see any reason for POI change unlike a recoilling Springer. Get UTG (THIS)RWS gun specific Picatinny drooper mounts mandatory. longest bird shot 188-190 yards and countless 115-125-150 yard shots. Can't do it with any of my other springers and I pretty much have or had them all. I have a lot of HW 77s and 97s mostly all tuned from different kits and a Paul Watts AA TX200 (and NO! it's not for sale!).

No AA's experience here but I have an HW97 KT Stainless and a Walther LGU. The HW is very nice but mine gets shot less than the LGU, which for me is more accurate (first shot accurate every time), easier to shoot, and less pellet picky. If bench shooting, the Walther might be a valid choice for anyone but it is heavier (probably the basis for it's accuracy) and the difference in the two is minimal. The HW seems lighter and easier to carry and is certainly less "bulky" overall. Probably couldn't go wrong with any of the 3 originally mentioned so personal preference might be the separating factor as it often is. Trying each would be ideal but often not possible.

Wow! How to enable you to spend your money for all the great possibilities!!!!! 😃

First, cheaper, box-store springers work; they just take more effort to work.

Second, a first springer is just that: your first one. 

Third, to buy only once, buy right the first time.

Fourth, any tuned pellet rifle is probably going to excel over one that's out of the box.

Fifth, most German made rifles are really wonderful--Diana, Weihrauch, and Walther. Now, the Brits make a great rifle, and there are several other well made ones, too.

Hope you find and enjoy your first spring, along with all the subsequent ones.

Arch_E

I own all three. Any of them is a worthy choice. The TX200 and LGU are smooth and accurate out of the box. The 97 was accurate out of the box, but twanged. Scott Schneider tuned it, and now it is much smoother. He also tuned the AA. The two German rifles are easier to get consistent accuracy out of. The Walther hasn't needed tuning...yet. When it starts to get twangy, Tune In A Tube handles it. That said, the next twang episode will earn it a trip to Scott's. 

To me, any of the three is a great choice...but they each have their own personality. If possible, OP, get all three!

Between a LGU and a HW97, I'd go for the LGU. My HW97kt got twangier as I had it. I never liked the non-resettable safety of the HW. The cocking arm on it makes an irritating ping sound. So, if you're hunting and you can't take the shot, you have to recock the gun to re-engage the safety which is a game spooking hassle.

Also, Walther isn't making airguns anymore. If you can get an LGU, its worth it. The HW97 isn't going anywhere. You could always buy one of those later.

I have an LGV and it immediately became my favorite airgun in my collection. Ever since, my HW97kt is sitting unused in a corner. I took the scope off of it and put it on the LGV.

Just thought I would add my two cents. The only air rifle I own is a tx200 . I would recommend this gun based on ease of maintenance. You don’t need a spring compressor to tear it down. All you need are two Allen keys and an adjustable wrench. Can’t speak for the other guns but I love my tx. Don’t believe all the b s about the anti bear trap. In three years of field target the gun has had zero problems, and nothing for nothing but at 20 and 25 yards the pellets (JSB exact 8.4) all go through the same hole. Good luck and have fun