RAW Rapid My first RAW - TM1000

After 7 years of being in airguns, I have finally picked up my first RAW. Crazy because they have always been one of my top choice for looks and quality. I have mostly steered toward adjustability, so haven’t picked one up… until now.

After selling my Thomas earlier in the year because of a crazy job and not being able to shoot FT like I want and seeing no end in sight, I’m hoping that a recent job change is going to give me more free time. The RAW popped up and I knew I couldn’t let another one pass. This thing is a beauty too and has a lovely 2 stage, 3.5oz trigger. I’m going to have fun!

When I saw it was Rick, a well respected member and FT shooter, I knew I had nothing to be worried about. Quick conversation and two days later, I have TM1000 #5, yes #5, in my hands.

I wasn’t planning for this so fast, so now I need a HFT scope. I can’t even shoot it! I know what I’m looking for now.

I can’t wait to share more as the journey continues, but I was so happy, I had to share.

IMG_6029.jpeg

IMG_6030.jpeg

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS! I was eyeing that one too. A TM is at the top of my list. Maybe the next one that pops up? I hope you enjoy that beauty!
I was in the classifieds when he posted it. I wasn’t really ready to buy one, but told my wife I really didn’t have a choice, and I better act fast or I’ll lose it. They don’t come up often enough.

Honestly been hoping to get another high powered rifle and been looking for a HM1000x, but the TM1000 has always been something I wanted. HM will just have to be put on hold.

The most fun I’ve had in airgunning is FT practice, so I’m really happy this came up. I miss the FT shooting.

After 7 years of being in airguns, I have finally picked up my first RAW. Crazy because they have always been one of my top choice for looks and quality. I have mostly steered toward adjustability, so haven’t picked one up… until now.

After selling my Thomas earlier in the year because of a crazy job and not being able to shoot FT like I want and seeing no end in sight, I’m hoping that a recent job change is going to give me more free time. The RAW popped up and I knew I couldn’t let another one pass. This thing is a beauty too and has a lovely 2 stage, 3.5oz trigger. I’m going to have fun!

When I saw it was Rick, a well respected member and FT shooter, I knew I had nothing to be worried about. Quick conversation and two days later, I have TM1000 #5, yes #5, in my hands.

I wasn’t planning for this so fast, so now I need a HFT scope. I can’t even shoot it! I know what I’m looking for now.

I can’t wait to share more as the journey continues, but I was so happy, I had to share.

View attachment 388909

View attachment 388910
Congratulations

Reactions: Smok3y
How does it compare to your Thomas as far as fit and finish
I’ll know more when I get it out and about and can shoot it. Right off, this thing is very well made and feels solid. The stock feels and looks great too. I’m usually more of a chassis guy.

One is all metal and a solid , while the other has beautiful curves. Two different designs. Both seem like they will be very easy to handle and load without issues in the field. Love the thumbs up grip on this stock.

Grip feels made for my hand. Not adjustable like the Thomas, but feels great so far. Shoulders well too.

Have fun Russ, it’s a nice shooter, know you have to put a big old Sightron on it.😉
I may get another Sightron. I have owned several, but looking to try something new. Never had a Falcon, so I’m tempted there. Because it is HFT, I won’t go all out with another Kahles. I might consider the new big Athlon, because I am a big Athlon fan, but wish it had 16x.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I may get another Sightron. I have owned several, but looking to try something new. Never had a Falcon, so I’m tempted there. Because it is HFT, I won’t go all out with another Kahles. I might consider the new big Athlon, because I am a big Athlon fan, but wish it had 16x.
I just picked the heras 15-60 up the other day. The reticle is pretty fine but at 15 it focuses pretty well better than my other heras(6-24). I haven't set the wheel up yet back the scope is pretty clear and snaps for me pretty good. Compared to my sightron at 16 close to the same but the reticle is half as thick maybe slightly more.

Jon

I just picked the heras 15-60 up the other day. The reticle is pretty fine but at 15 it focuses pretty well better than my other heras(6-24). I haven't set the wheel up yet back the scope is pretty clear and snaps for me pretty good. Compared to my sightron at 16 close to the same but the reticle is half as thick maybe slightly more.

Jon
This is exactly the info I needed!
I am not a fan of extremely fine reticles. I put together a reticle (for thickness) table a few years ago when I was comparing specs. I might have to pull it back out, to help me decide which route to go by adding a couple of these scopes I didn’t have on there.

This is exactly the info I needed!
I am not a fan of extremely fine reticles. I put together a reticle (for thickness) table a few years ago when I was comparing specs. I might have to pull it back out, to help me decide which route to go by adding a couple of these scopes I didn’t have on there.
It's definitely for precision work like benchrest like info said on it but I had to try