My first rats with the Zulus 5x-20x

This was my first night outing with the Zulus bagged three, recovered the two. My setup was less than idea and will have to be refined. 8-9 yard shots into small crevasses the rats have created in the slab. Going forward am simply killing them without recording and will document the kills afterwards or not.🤓

IMG_1093.jpeg

... Going forward am simply killing them without recording and will document the kills
Keep documenting! Even if you don't share with us, it will help you out as you can review what's happened if you missed a shot. This has definitely helped me hone my shooting skills.

By the way, I've been following your post about the Zulus, and it looks to be a very fine scope! The only thing keeping me from a purchase, is it lacks high frame rate recording for slo-mo footage.

I'm super happy a scope at this price point has a complete ballistic calculator solution, as I lean on that heavily.

Reactions: L.Leon
Spot on Luis with your assessment being the prime objective is to room temperature as many of those little vermin per session.
Granted the small package Zulus does offer up some other wonderous options, that perhaps in time I'll explore later.
But for me today it's caveman simple either I'll be a good shooter or a so-so cinematographer? :unsure:

Spot on Luis with your assessment being the prime objective is to room temperature as many of those little vermin per session.
Granted the small package Zulus does offer up some other wonderous options, that perhaps in time I'll explore later.
But for me today it's caveman simple either I'll be a good shooter or a so-so cinematographer? :unsure:
My issue exactly, I missed a few opportunities “because“ I was reaching to press record. As opposed to simply sending the pellet, will work out some balance going forward. The kills will be the priority with recording as a luxury applied selectively.
Nice shooting and with anything new there's always a learning curve, keep us informed on how it works out I've looked at this scope.
As the nights heat up I intend on going out for longer sessions and will post up my experience through use. The sweet, small size and its capabilities have me hooked.

My issue exactly, I missed a few opportunities “because“ I was reaching to press record. As opposed to simply sending the pellet, will work out some balance going forward. The kills will be the priority with recording as a luxury applied selectively.

As the nights heat up I intend on going out for longer sessions and will post up my experience through use. The sweet, small size and its capabilities have me hooked.
You don't need to , it'll do a loop recording then save it on firing if my memory serves. Nice thing about the Zulus is ... battery changes are a snap but I've yet to wear one out. My issue with the Zulus is...I shoot during the day and the screen can't handle the contrasts and my old eyes can't see the darn lines very well, the other zinger is... I'm at variable distances, 50 yards, 60 yards 100 yards and 125 yards, and unless I stick to a zone it's hard, for me, to switch quickly to my new 'zero'. I think I'm going to be putting mine up for sale.

You don't need to , it'll do a loop recording then save it on firing if my memory serves. Nice thing about the Zulus is ... battery changes are a snap but I've yet to wear one out. My issue with the Zulus is...I shoot during the day and the screen can't handle the contrasts and my old eyes can't see the darn lines very well, the other zinger is... I'm at variable distances, 50 yards, 60 yards 100 yards and 125 yards, and unless I stick to a zone it's hard, for me, to switch quickly to my new 'zero'. I think I'm going to be putting mine up for sale.
I have four profiles for four distances. They are configured with different reticles. That way I know what profile I’m in. For instance my ratting reticle is the simple small cross.

I have four profiles for four distances. They are configured with different reticles. That way I know what profile I’m in. For instance my ratting reticle is the simple small cross.
That's a good idea with the reticles, part of my issue is the lighting, my old eyes and contrast. I'd just like slightly thicker lines at 20x and a slightly larger reticle. Or maybe i'm just use to twisting knobs.

nice shooting. I am glad you got to take it out for a few laps.
I am hoping to get mine soon.
I will be picking your brain for info.
very new to this type of scope and shooting.

doc
Am flattered, but @brawler1588, is your man… I first heard of the Zulus through him. He’s had experience with quite a few different NV scopes… and may provide you better insights.

Reactions: Doc C. and SHOMER
Am flattered, but @brawler1588, is your man… I first heard of the Zulus through him. He’s had experience with quite a few different NV scopes… and may provide you better insights.
I appreciate that @L.Leon yes @Doc C. If you have any questions feel free to reach out I will let you know what's out there and what you want to do with it. Also @L.Leon something is coming that you may really enjoy as a scope add on.