My first purchase! Need opinions!

AirgunnerMike,
Interesting post, I've two comments that may help. One, last November, ZANS Projectiles (Netherlands), an AGN sponsor, started offering JSB pellets, I, and others, haven't had any availability problems with .25 or .30 pellets since. Buying in bulk, 4 or more tins, helps offset DHL International shipping costs. Product arrives fast and well-packaged. Two, an authentic Yong Heng water/oiled cooled compressor, Hardcover Model, can be bought from best-homepro, on eBay, for around $250. Free, fast shipping included. Our AGN archives are full of additional information on both topics, use SEARCH function to access. Best of Luck, WM
When I say “availability of pellets” I may have been slightly misleading. I more so meant that .25 have many different varieties of pellets to offer, they’re cheaper, and I’ve read online that some .30 cal pellets are too big to fit into the rotary magazine. I’ve found a compressor for $200 from Vevor. Thank you for your comment :)

AirgunnerMike,
You're welcome, I suspected "variety" was more your concern then "availability", however, getting the good news out about ZANS is never a bad thing. Also, follow this forum long enough you'll notice a strong bond between many members and their Yong Hengs, there's a reason for this, just something to keep in mind. Wishing you best of luck with your first purchase of air gun and compressor, you were wise to seek advice from members, lots of smart folks around here. WM

Reactions: AirgunnerMike
My 45 fpe hydra was stacking 26 grain polymags at 50 yards for 20 shots. It would give dime sized groups with baracudas at that distance too. My 22 flashpup I just sold was just as accurate and would do 42 fpe fully cranked up but only about 20 shots that way. The flash platform is totally underrated.
Can you share the tune?

Only thing I adjusted was the vertical set screw on the bottom of the action. I have no idea what it actually adjusts but it will raise or lower the fps. I just messed with it backing it put a little at a time and shooting over the chrony til I got the fps I wanted. The standard flash and flashpup don't have this adjuster. My hammer spring was also cranked in almost all the way.
That screw was a quick way to adjust for when I would change caliber/actions on the hydra. A couple turns in and 177 was doing in the 900s. With it on the 25 tune, it was shooting 10.65 pellets at 1070fps!

Reactions: AirgunnerMike
Only thing I adjusted was the vertical set screw on the bottom of the action. I have no idea what it actually adjusts but it will raise or lower the fps. I just messed with it backing it put a little at a time and shooting over the chrony til I got the fps I wanted. The standard flash and flashpup don't have this adjuster. My hammer spring was also cranked in almost all the way.
That screw was a quick way to adjust for when I would change caliber/actions on the hydra. A couple turns in and 177 was doing in the 900s. With it on the 25 tune, it was shooting 10.65 pellets at 1070fps!
Nice!