My First Post

Welcome to the airgun world. You Tube will definitely show you a ton of information. Meanwhile give some thought to what kind of shooting you want to do and how much you’re willing to spend. Also look through these forums, there’s a ton of information and you can ask direct questions. I found quite a few things NOT to do, saved time and money.

Rick H.

Welcome and salutations! Youtube is best advise as well as a ton of smart guys right here on the boards. The basics of gun safety are the same with powder burners and airguns. There are some airgun specific safety practices you should learn about e.g. safe high pressure air handling (if you go PCP), using the correct cleaners and lubes for air service, etc. Recommend you look for good 30,000 foot overview Youtube introductory stuff. Should give you enough info to help you decide what general direction you want to go in, at least for your first airgun. Once you know what branch of the fork you want to start down and are ready to buy don't go cheap, get the best you can afford. Once you have specific interest in a certain airgun you can get feedback here and, yup, on Youtube also. Regards

Reactions: rsfrid
Thanks all for the thoughtful posts. I have been lurking on AGN for awhile, and have following several you tubers. I am currently involved in shotgunning but as age catches up something not so violent will be better for old shoulders!
Understand completely. I've never been into shotguns myself, always a rifleman. You can't go wrong with an airgun if you're looking for a far more relaxing and phyically easier experience. Helluva lot quieter too. Shooting 1 MOA at 25-50 yards with a break barrel 0.177 is just as satisfying as 1 MOA with a center fire at 200 yards.

Hello AGN, this is my first post. I am from South Central Penna. Looking to find out more about air guns and tuning them. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!
you have some awesome folks here that will give you tuning tips and so much more. Be sure to let us know what you are shooting, the type of shooting, this helps give you the correct answers to your specific questions. U can search the forum for past information/conversations related to your inquiries, there is a lot of information to be had. Enjoy!!

toski,
Welcome, from PA myself, since retired to Florida. Two years in the hobby, best start for me was watching Matt Dubber's, "Air Gun Ballistics, 101." Short, simple and easy to follow, this 9-part video series lays down the basics, heartily recommend. WM
I am new also….no rifle purchase yet but researching. Thanks for the video series recommendation.

Reactions: WorriedMan