My first pigeon double

I've shot doubles on starlings and sparrows but never on pigeons until today. Once I even got a triple on starlings with the farmer looking over my shoulder. He couldn't believe it when they all fell. 

This is the first morning I've had to myself to do what ever I wanted in a long while. I slept in a bit then went to a couple farms to shoot birds. First farm was a bust and only shot one starling before they all left. 

Got to the second farm and spotted two pigeons on top of the silo. I got out of my truck and got my scope lined up waiting for them to show themselves. After a minute or so one of them came on my side and I was ready to shoot when the other one came walking over the top. They got lined up and I hit them with a 25 gr jsb at 910 fps. One went off the back and one on my side. Both dead when they hit the ground.

I shot about 20 more starlings and sparrows after that. Great morning to be out.
IMG_20210110_14137.1610290012.jpg
IMG_20210110_22283.1610290025.jpg

Great job on the pigeons. Looks like a nice setting to pest in.

It really used to be "the Spot" for pesting. They had dairy cows and the birds were there by the thousands sometimes. Sadly they got sort of forced out of the dairy business and only have a few cows now and a lot fewer birds around. I only shot a handful that morning whereas I used to shoot into the hundreds in a morning.