• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch My First PCP!

HW44! This thing is awesome in so many ways, super accurate out of the box, just cleaned the barrel and mounted a rifle scope. Learned a lot about leveling :). Sighted it in and it performed better than my already high expectations. I'm a newbie so now I want one of everything! Already have a nice springer, Prosport. That one is challenging but I'm figuring it out. Hand pumping sucks so now I know what my next purchase will be. I've learned from other hobbies that buy once, cry once is real...Cheers!
IMG_5176.jpg
IMG_5178.jpg
IMG_5179.jpg

What pellet are you shooting ? I've had a Crosman 1720T for several years now but have been wanting a magazine fed .177. I acquired a used 44 over the summer. Fun to shoot for sure. My only issue now is that I'm getting air blowing back from the mag well so I assume I have a bad o-ring. It's been a struggle to find online help to figure out how to disassemble and replace the o-ring. I'd really hate to send it off for repair if that's the only issue!! I have all winter to figure it out.

If I'm going to be shooting while sitting, I'll keep my SCBA tank plugged into the gun and then as I shoot, and the magazine rotates, I can refill the mag one pellet at a time as it rotates without removing the mag. This way I can just keep on shooting, never run out of air or ammo. (y)

Reactions: rsfrid
HW44! This thing is awesome in so many ways, super accurate out of the box, just cleaned the barrel and mounted a rifle scope. Learned a lot about leveling :). Sighted it in and it performed better than my already high expectations. I'm a newbie so now I want one of everything! Already have a nice springer, Prosport. That one is challenging but I'm figuring it out. Hand pumping sucks so now I know what my next purchase will be. I've learned from other hobbies that buy once, cry once is real...Cheers!
View attachment 412004View attachment 412005View attachment 412006
That's a great choice for sure. Is that the 177 or 22 version?

Reactions: Ranchibi and RCope
What pellet are you shooting ? I've had a Crosman 1720T for several years now but have been wanting a magazine fed .177. I acquired a used 44 over the summer. Fun to shoot for sure. My only issue now is that I'm getting air blowing back from the mag well so I assume I have a bad o-ring. It's been a struggle to find online help to figure out how to disassemble and replace the o-ring. I'd really hate to send it off for repair if that's the only issue!! I have all winter to figure it out.

If I'm going to be shooting while sitting, I'll keep my SCBA tank plugged into the gun and then as I shoot, and the magazine rotates, I can refill the mag one pellet at a time as it rotates without removing the mag. This way I can just keep on shooting, never run out of air or ammo. (y)
I was shooting the .22 JBS Hades 15.89gr. I had read somewhere that the HW44 liked that pellet, and it's true...I haven't tried any others yet. Good luck with the o-ring, I have no gunsmithing skills but it seems that everyone else on here does :) !

Great pistol. I have the .177 version, very accurate. Very good example of how well Weihrauch makes their products. I suggest looking into a GX compressor, they seem to be the 200 lb. Gorilla in the compressor world. Check out the Tanks, Pumps, Compressors section. Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!

Reactions: RCope