My first month with the .22 Avenger.....NOW WITH PICTURES!

Don't you feel sorry for the folks that stop at the first iteneration of any project? All of my projects and inventions are given a "Mark" number for major changes and and a letter for minor changes. Guess what? There are no "Mk1a's" on my equipment shelves and lots of bits and pieces in my scrap bins. OCD is not an afliction; it is an intellectual awakening. Or that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

D.

Dave my good man! I missed this post? sorry Dude.

Mine as well, AND I can find projects I built years ago in my shop that I use as short cuts to better ideas. I CANNOT stand dis-order in my shop.....Not insane cleaning, and arranging, but a note book to reference ideas and locations makes all the difference right?!

Yea man, I have no issues being on the spectrum-go-round. Once I found out that everyone didn't see things like me....I got what their problems were! HA! ;)

Have fun man,

G.

....snip....
1> I made adapters/air strippers to replace the shroud cap, and to mount my moderator. I studied the Donny's, and turned my own version on my lathe (I have a small machine shop in my garage) Mine goes over but doesn't touch the barrel (harmonics always comes first in small bore!)
....snip....

@GerrywithaG - bullet item #1 (quoted above) from your post that started this thread....how much clearance did you give the stripper ID to the OD of the barrel?

Thanks.

Thanks for the pictures and description of your modifications. I have a 25 Avenger and I am pretty happy with it's accuracy to 33 yards but I haven't shot it enough past that to say I like it or am sure I have an issue. It didn't group well one time at 50 yards but it was very windy that day. Another time I shot at 100 on a much more calm day but I had bench, noise, and sight in issues. So more testing is required. Not at all a bad thing.

I am certain it is noisier than I prefer for backyard use. About 95 db even with a home made moderator. I recently got a 25 caliber P35 and it is about 75 db at 15 feet - 20 db quieter than the Avenger. There is a power difference, the Avenger is about 15 fpe more powerful with the current tune on both guns. But the shroud is also very different. The P35 has an aluminum piece screwed to the end of the barrel with an O-ring to seal it to the shroud. But this piece has openings to the back of the shroud which is vented at the rear (there are holes in the shroud at the rear). The shroud forward of the end of the barrel had baffles like are in one of your pictures. But I did a modification a guy on youtube, Aaron Cantrel, recommended for a P15 which is similar. That took my gun from about 85 db to about 75. He put hair curlers wrapped with felt between the baffles taking out several baffles. Works great. The shroud on the P35 is secured at the back by a grub screw so it can be slid forward making more volume which also helps. The longest version I tested was under 70 db.

Where did you put these baffles on your Avenger? Does your moderator adapter have a way to keep them from shifting backward? Where did you get the baffles?

Jim