• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX My first FX rifle!

Purchased an FX Dreamline GRS .22 a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with the rifle. I spent a couple weekends getting things dialed in and this thing is a laser beam. It came from Utah airguns with an FX barrel band installed. Perhaps because I ordered a moderator as well? I don't know but so far it hasn't caused any issues. I've only tested out to 60 yards as I really needed to start trimming down a ground squirrel infestation on my property. So far I have fired 10 shots "at" said squirrels and bagged 8 from 30-55 yards. [7] were taken shooting off hand and one with rifle resting atop a cedar fence post. I am using JSB Hades 15.89's @ around 905 fps and they hit hard! Very distinct impact sound. The rifle really loves JSB 18.13's @ 870 fps but I only shot those at 35 yards before setting up for the Hades. Optic is an Element Helix HDLR 4-16x50. Moderated with a DonnyFL Ryu and the kickstand is the Accu-Tac flavor. Yes...probably going to become a FX fanboy in short order! 🤣
20240423_194135.jpg

Purchased an FX Dreamline GRS .22 a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with the rifle. I spent a couple weekends getting things dialed in and this thing is a laser beam. It came from Utah airguns with an FX barrel band installed. Perhaps because I ordered a moderator as well? I don't know but so far it hasn't caused any issues. I've only tested out to 60 yards as I really needed to start trimming down a ground squirrel infestation on my property. So far I have fired 10 shots "at" said squirrels and bagged 8 from 30-55 yards. [7] were taken shooting off hand and one with rifle resting atop a cedar fence post. I am using JSB Hades 15.89's @ around 905 fps and they hit hard! Very distinct impact sound. The rifle really loves JSB 18.13's @ 870 fps but I only shot those at 35 yards before setting up for the Hades. Optic is an Element Helix HDLR 4-16x50. Moderated with a DonnyFL Ryu and the kickstand is the Accu-Tac flavor. Yes...probably going to become a FX fanboy in short order! 🤣View attachment 463288
Nice!

Reactions: Blueduck
Purchased an FX Dreamline GRS .22 a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy with the rifle. I spent a couple weekends getting things dialed in and this thing is a laser beam. It came from Utah airguns with an FX barrel band installed. Perhaps because I ordered a moderator as well? I don't know but so far it hasn't caused any issues. I've only tested out to 60 yards as I really needed to start trimming down a ground squirrel infestation on my property. So far I have fired 10 shots "at" said squirrels and bagged 8 from 30-55 yards. [7] were taken shooting off hand and one with rifle resting atop a cedar fence post. I am using JSB Hades 15.89's @ around 905 fps and they hit hard! Very distinct impact sound. The rifle really loves JSB 18.13's @ 870 fps but I only shot those at 35 yards before setting up for the Hades. Optic is an Element Helix HDLR 4-16x50. Moderated with a DonnyFL Ryu and the kickstand is the Accu-Tac flavor. Yes...probably going to become a FX fanboy in short order! 🤣View attachment 463288
Allow me to offer my condolences. "EVERYONE" knows that FX guns are unreliable and the POI shifts all over the place. Example, I took my Maverick VP .25 out for some fresh air, set up my 1.5" steel at 70 yards, took the gun out of the case, loaded in the AEA 33.9gr pellets, dialed my Arken to 70 yards and hit it.....in a wind, yeah dump that thing don't go though what I had to do.

I can relate to your joy! I own only 3 airguns, they're all FX guns built around the same breech block & barrels (Original Smooth Twist, pellets only). They have only 12-14 o-rings compared to 60 something in some of their others. Simplicity personified along with dependability & ACCURACY! I've gotten to hear that "Very distinct" SCHWACK thousands of times. Never gets old ;) 🙂
20240416_141836.jpg

I can relate to your joy! I own only 3 airguns, they're all FX guns built around the same breech block & barrels (Original Smooth Twist, pellets only). They have only 12-14 o-rings compared to 60 something in some of their others. Simplicity personified along with dependability & ACCURACY! I've gotten to hear that "Very distinct" SCHWACK thousands of times. Never gets old ;) 🙂
View attachment 463357
I am shocked at how smooth the rifle fires. I'm talking about "kick" or vibration. There is none! And to be honest it took some getting used to. Very different from powder guns, my magnum springer, or even my compound bow. It is a refreshing change. I enjoy watching the pellet fly home in the scope when shooting at 50-60 yards.

Allow me to offer my condolences. "EVERYONE" knows that FX guns are unreliable and the POI shifts all over the place. Example, I took my Maverick VP .25 out for some fresh air, set up my 1.5" steel at 70 yards, took the gun out of the case, loaded in the AEA 33.9gr pellets, dialed my Arken to 70 yards and hit it.....in a wind, yeah dump that thing don't go though what I had to do.
great gun(y)

"Allow me to offer my condolences. "EVERYONE" knows that FX guns are unreliable"

I must have missed the poll when EVERYONE was asked. Whenever I see FX "haters" posting responses it's invariably from people whose experience is limited to 1 or 2 of their more troublesome PLATFORMS yet they see fit to trash FX as a whole. Not fair! Have they ever tried the Bobcat, Boss, Royale platform? Most likely NOT. There's nary a negative word to be said about that platform's accuracy, repeatability, RELIABILITY, LOW maintenance & robust build. Makes me feel sorry for what THÈY are missing!

Last edited:
"Allow me to offer my condolences. "EVERYONE" knows that FX guns are unreliable"

I must have missed the poll when EVERYONE was asked. Whenever I see FX "haters" posting responses it's invariably from people whose experience is limited to 1 or 2 of their more troublesome PLATFORMS yet they see fit to trash FX as a whole. Not fair! Have they ever tried the Bobcat, Boss, Royale platform? Most likely NOT. There's nary a negative word to be said about that platform's accuracy, repeatability, RELIABILITY, LOW maintenance & robust build. Makes me feel sorry for what THÈY are missing!

You didn't read the WHOLE post! 🤣😅😆😁

You didn't read the WHOLE post! 🤣😅😆😁
NOW I did. I should feel stupid but it STILL applies to the FX haters who make blanket statements without knowing how superb some of their guns are (doesn't apply in Hogkiller's humorous sarcasm). The wife is always telling me to "stop scanning & READ everything". I HATE admitting she's correct :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤪

What a Beauty! Enjoy!

I have the Dreamline GRS as well. I shoot Hades in mine as well. No need to use anything else they are that good. The Dreamline is a wonderful platform with the adjusting knob you can dial it up or down to suite different conditions. It isn’t too heavy like a lot of air rifles either. I just got the New DRS .22 x 600mm for a dedicated Heavy Pellet slinger and it shoots the JSB 28 grn Monsters fantastic. I restocked it myself in a GRS inspired stock and I am very happy with it but I’m not selling the Dreamline any time soon.

Reactions: Blueduck