My first Discovery scope review ED4-20x52mm FFP

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
This is my first experience with the Discovery scope. I have read and watched a few videos and reviews about this brand, both positive and negative.

I had the opportunity to test one out and to be honest, I was very happy with this scope. It is the ED 4-20x52mm FFP scope from Discovery. This package includes a lot of goodies like a set of scope mounts, 3 sunshades, cleaning pen, a throw lever and a scope levelling kit.

I particularly like the zero stop function and the big turrets that click solidly and smoothly. The glass is very clear and my recorded scope cam footages turned out great as well. I have always used SFP scopes and this was my first time using a FFP scope. I never understood why some people prefer FFP vs SFP. But after testing and shooting this scope, I am leaning towards FFP scope as well. The convenience of not needing to adjust POA when zooming in or out for a shot with a FFP is nice.

The only negative in my opinion is the small size of the reticle in lowest magnification. I have bad eyesight so the problem was me. But for me, I prefer to shoot at 10x or 12x. And with the 20x, I can zoom in to check my POI after the shots. I used the 4x magnification and I was able to hit my spinners out at 50 yards.

These scopes are made in China, but the quality is there and the price is great. I have three Element scopes and they are my favourite. But this Discovery scope is winning my like as well. I mounted this scope on the Snowpeak M60B. Have a look at this video and see for yourself.

Scope and M60B are available at Airgun Archery Fun.

I just gotten a HD GEN II 5-30X56SFIR scope, not shot it yet due to poor weather, but i have played pretend sniper out of my apartments windows, and it look pretty good to me, for sure no feeling of money wasted.

Looking forward to sending lead downrange with it, but that look to be in weeks or at the very least a week.

Zoomed out reticle are indeed fine, but others have said it is OK / better than others, fortunately i never use a scope with minimum magnification, 12 X is probably as low as i would go