• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My First Day of Retirement

My Wife let me retire last Friday ...... now my daytime activities will mostly be filled with the "Honey-Do" list.
Landscaping the yard, replacing the carpet and painting the inside of the house are TOPS right now, but ...

I also just bought another RAW HM1000x - .25 caliber - Blue Laminate.

Further, I purchased two LW barrels, (1) .22 caliber and the other .20 caliber. I will be fitting them on my lathe, getting new CF barrel tubing as well as making LDC's.

It's gonna be fun .... :)

My Wife let me retire last Friday ...... now my daytime activities will mostly be filled with the "Honey-Do" list.
Landscaping the yard, replacing the carpet and painting the inside of the house are TOPS right now, but ...

I also just bought another RAW HM1000x - .25 caliber - Blue Laminate.

Further, I purchased two LW barrels, (1) .22 caliber and the other .20 caliber. I will be fitting them on my lathe, getting new CF barrel tubing as well as making LDC's.

It's gonna be fun .... :)
Welcome to the team !!!

Enjoy this new time in life and be grateful for being able to live it !!!

Reactions: SteveV
Enjoy your retirement. I sure am enjoying mine. Now I get to do things on my schedule, not someone else's. You will find that there are so many things to fill up your days now that you wonder how you were ever able to accomplish your tasks before. Whenever asked about retirement from fellow friends at work, I always encourage them to jump on it asap. You never know what life has for you around the corner so don't procrastinate. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Congratulations !!
For me, retirement meant being busier than ever.

Let us know how the barrels work out... specifically, the 20 is of interest because of my recent fitting of a couple of 90s vintage 20 LW's. I bought 5 back then, and fitted 4 of the five so far. The fifth has been requested already. They're awesome 👍

Someone has mentioned trying a new one and not being happy with it so I'm looking for more experiences.

Bob

I retired a couple years ago and somehow got sucked into working at my buddies hydraulic shop. I was having trouble with all the free time. When at least part of my day is consumed with what I don’t want to do, I make the most out of my free time. The second they can find a replacement for me and get him trained, I will try the fully retired life again. With mucho free time comes great responsibility. I wasn’t ready for it. Hope you still do fine when the honey do lists run out.

Reactions: Arzrover
Congratulations !!
For me, retirement meant being busier than ever.

Let us know how the barrels work out... specifically, the 20 is of interest because of my recent fitting of a couple of 90s vintage 20 LW's. I bought 5 back then, and fitted 4 of the five so far. The fifth has been requested already. They're awesome 👍

Someone has mentioned trying a new one and not being happy with it so I'm looking for more experiences.

Bob
The .20 cal. barrel I purchased was choked. The .22 was Poly non-choked.

I retired a couple years ago and somehow got sucked into working at my buddies hydraulic shop. I was having trouble with all the free time. When at least part of my day is consumed with what I don’t want to do, I make the most out of my free time. The second they can find a replacement for me and get him trained, I will try the fully retired life again. With mucho free time comes great responsibility. I wasn’t ready for it. Hope you still do fine when the honey do lists run out.
Yeah, work has already asked me to come back when I get bored :unsure: .

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1