• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My first airgun @ 8 years old.

I got my first one back when I was about 6 years old, It was some kind of target model, plastic stock, and had a magazine tube that unscrewed from the muzzle and loaded I think 50 BB's. in a spring loaded magazine for positive feed. I think I wore it out cause dad got me another sometime about the time I hit Jr high. I do remember making a fairly crude wood stock and forearm for it. The model number evades me, I cannot seem to find one like it on the internet.

Reactions: Vskuma
A Marksman 740something break barrel when I was 12. My best friend back then had the 760 and didn't like it so being 12 year olds, we traded...lol
Lasted about a week until our parents found out, made us swap back and promptly grounded us both.
Fast forward 46 years and I have a 760 again. 2 of them actually. Found them at a yard sale the girlfriend asked me to take her to, saw them on a table, seller saw me looking and said $20 for the pair if you want them.
Yep, they came home with me, still in pretty good shape, still shoot well and actually both still had BB's in them although I wish they didn't.
Yardsale Crosman 760s.jpg

I think I was about 7 or 8 when my late older brother (3 years older) asked for a BB gun and my father bought one of these (Crosman V350) for each of us. This was in the mid-late 1960s.

Later, in our early teens, he also took an axe to both of them when my brother was caught shooting birds by a neighbor. I was very sad that he chopped up mine because I hadn't done the deed... my brother did... (heavy sigh)

iu

Crosman V350

Last edited:
At nine my father gave me a single shot 22 rimfire rifle. My first BB gun wasn't technically until I was eleven or twelve. It was a Crosman 766. I was shooting BB gun for years before that because I had two older cousins on the other side of town that had woods behind their yard. I would use either of their guns. A wood and metal 760 or an all metal early 880. I liked the 880 best. By time I was allowed to have a BB gun on the crowded side of town the 766 came out. I got that because it was the most powerful model I could afford. The cast barrel band would always loosen up and the accuracy would tank. I much preferred either of my cousins guns to the 766.

I was also 11 yes old when my Dad bought me Crosman 760. I was the cool kid on the block! My best uncle had a Berman R7. That was the gun I loved and he and my dad let me carry it on my first pheasant hunt.

Fast forward 55 years and I was reading about Weihrauch 35's. Memories flooded in with the feel and sound of cocking and shooting the Beeman.

Now here I am. Just like a kid shooting air rifles in the back yard.

Z

That would be a Crosman 760 I received when I was ten. My mom's boyfriend took my brother and I to Kmart for xmas. My mom thought we were getting some cheap toy rifles, but she wasn't there so when the boyfriend offered, we didn't say no. She wasn't happy when we came back with the Crosman's. I was a good shot with it. I got into a lot of trouble with that thing. That was many decades ago. Memories!

I was probably 11 or 12 when my dad got me a Crosman 2100. It could shoot BBs and pellets. It had a tiny/skinny scope on it. I sniped crows and bull frogs with that rifle. It was so hard to pump over 10 times to get the really far shots but the satisfaction of getting a headshot on a crow with a foot’a worth of holdover was so much fun! Eventually I moved on to a Chinese Tech Force 97, which had horrible accuracy compared to the Crosman but without a chrony and the fact that it dieseled so much I thought I had a powerful rifle.

Today I wouldn’t shoot anything living but the age of “innocence” sure made for some great memories.

-Marty

Reactions: Vskuma and shausen