My first 4 Avenger pigeons

My first 4 Avenger 22 pigeons. Top of a silo from 40 to 53 yards.

Sleeper192

Pigeons.1635554275.jpg

I just got my first one ever earlier this year on a dove hunt with the shotgun. I just breasted like dove, but I have seen videos of plucking. 

Really enjoyed the one I had so far. About 3!times the meat of a dove breast and similar but even milder taste. Would love to have a freezer of them 

Sleeper192

When I was much younger and hunted with my older brother, he would use hot paraffin to "pluck" the feathers. I don't know exactly how it was done as I always made myself scarce when it came to cleaning the game we killed. (chuckle) As for the Doves, even I became quite adept at ripping the breast out of them with my hands while in the field. Never did like the taste of Doves. Loved Quail though. (smile)

I just got my first one ever earlier this year on a dove hunt with the shotgun. I just breasted like dove, but I have seen videos of plucking. 

Really enjoyed the one I had so far. About 3!times the meat of a dove breast and similar but even milder taste. Would love to have a freezer of them 

Sleeper192

I agree. My old hunting buddy and I used to shotgun them over decoys and pigeons are better tasting than doves, IMO. When we got a lot of them we had a guy who would take all we would give hm and he made red pasta sauce with them. 

Nice shooting on those birds. I've been fiddling with my .22 Avenger and have just about settled on HN Baracuda Hunters, 18.21 gr. @ ~880 fps. So far, only shooting/ sighting at 20 & 30 yds. on steel swingers and 1liter bottle caps.

I have zeroed at 37 yards which worked out great yesterday. I am zeroed there from the little bit I have learned about Chairgun, you can put in your size of kill zone and it will give you a optimum zero, and a range where you neither have to hold over or under. So with a 0.4 inch kill zone, I can hold on 17 to 40 yards. Works out great for stalking squirrels in the woods. 

Very powerful program I am just beginning to learn a little about.

Sleeper192