• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex My favorite budget PCP

I have to (sheepishly) admit I have made some 50-yard Starling shots into the tops of my neighbor's giant oak tree. (I don't want to leave a pile of dead starlings in their yard, so I give the local cats and possums a night or two to clean up after my hunt. he he) I also live in Oklahoma City, so I am a short drive out to the countryside any time I want to extend my shooting range. However, at my age, I simply enjoy shooting from my back porch, or even from within my house out the back door and shooting sparrow/starlings out of the trees or punching holes in paper. Very relaxing and enjoyable. I have a fleet of quality air rifles from which to choose, so I never get bored with just one rifle.

View attachment 422743

View attachment 422745
At that range and with those rifles I would get bored quickly.

Try something a little more challenging at that distance like a Crosman 13xx or 22xx :)
I am challenged with those even at less than 20 yards.

This is my fovourite budget pcp.Bsa bucaneer SE .22
I like the simplicity, looks and the bolt action.
Accuracy is also great for budget unregulated pcp.
IMG_20231022_110914.jpg
IMG_20231022_110842.jpg

This is my fovourite budget pcp.Bsa bucaneer SE .22
I like the simplicity, looks and the bolt action.
Accuracy is also great for budget unregulated pcp.View attachment 422766View attachment 422764
I have the Gamo Urban which is almost identical to the Buccaneer.
It is my favorite unregulated air gun.
As accurate as my regulated Avenger and Nova Liberty.

My .22 Crosman Icon shoots (very surprised) as accurate as the above guns, but for fewer shots.

At that range and with those rifles I would get bored quickly.

Try something a little more challenging at that distance like a Crosman 13xx or 22xx :)
I am challenged with those even at less than 20 yards.
I restarted my pellet gun hobby after 60 years. The 1377 was my first since then. That started me down the rabbit hole through springers then PCPs. Just finished up buying a new 100 Year Anniversary 362 pumper from Crosman.

Reactions: bf1956
Beeman QB79 HPA / Beeman AR2079 HPA.

- QB79 - $99 + $55 tank/access. = $154 (My labor was free).
- AR2079 - $135 + 60tank/access. = $195 (").

Bolt Action/Single shot, 60/70 regulated shots per fill -> great, inexpensive PCP's (fun projects too;)).

View attachment 422869

View attachment 422870
What pellets you use in your qb79? I can't get anything but Meister's to group. Tuned to 650 with Hajimoto's Gauntlet hammer spring doohicky.

I know the original gauntlet is an older gun, but the accuracy I get out of it is just awesome, especially for the price. I have tons of other pcps but this one remains one of my favorites even in 2024.
Still one of my favorite 25 cal shooters as well. Like yours it's extremely accurate I use it mostly for bench shooting as it's just so heavy. But you will hit whatever you aim at. Great video!

• Love
Reactions: AtmoTac