šŸ”˜ My fascination with XLR (eXtreme Long Range) š–¦

True dat! Most shooters that are stuck on ZAN or H&N or Patriot just donā€™t believe a slug can be that much better. Some of the really good shooters in OR said if they hadnā€™t seen it they wouldnā€™t believe it.
Witchcraft!! Haha
I have the opinion that every projectile have it's use. I want to try those atp smooth and king in both 22 and 25 but i am still too cheap to talk myself out of it until i ran low on lead.
Those would also be my choice for 200+ meters
Up to 100m 30gr slugs @ transonic all day
40gr 930-980 nails every 100mm target up to 200m and for elr fun. Also use them a lot in extreme conditions to teach myself reading wind because of the price/bc ratio.

True dat! Most shooters that are stuck on ZAN or H&N or Patriot just donā€™t believe a slug can be that much better. Some of the really good shooters in OR said if they hadnā€™t seen it they wouldnā€™t believe it.
These slugs are what got me addicted to ELR. It's a good start to get your feet wet.

Witchcraft!! Haha
I have the opinion that every projectile have it's use. I want to try those atp smooth and king in both 22 and 25 but i am still too cheap to talk myself out of it until i ran low on lead.
Those would also be my choice for 200+ meters
Up to 100m 30gr slugs @ transonic all day
40gr 930-980 nails every 100mm target up to 200m and for elr fun. Also use them a lot in extreme conditions to teach myself reading wind because of the price/bc ratio.

I'm still a newbie to this compared to the rest of you so I have a lot to learn. The more I shot, the more I learned. At first I thought the faster you can get them to go the harder they will hit when they get where they hit, well they need to hit what your aiming at first! Now that I got that zan , Patriot, H&N to shoot well below 250-300, the 22 40g kings to 400+ my challenge is the 60gr .25. I finally gave up on my .25 700mm superior heavy and moved on to the 800mm .25 with the 60 gr Queens. They are very promising in this barrel. Hopefully before end of summer I will be shooting these as good as I did with the 22 40 gr but at 4 to 500. Part of the issue with these heavier slugs and me is dealing with the hold as the weight and longer barrel does affect things.

Yes I probably would be money ahead and less time tuning if I just got the panthera or just stuck with the 22 and the 40gr kings. šŸ™„ but I'm a bit of a šŸ– head and tuning is all part of the fun. We'll maybe less fun if there is no progress. How else do you learn if not hands on? šŸ˜Š

Allen

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
These slugs are what got me addicted to ELR. It's a good start to get your feet wet.

I'm still a newbie to this compared to the rest of you so I have a lot to learn. The more I shot, the more I learned. At first I thought the faster you can get them to go the harder they will hit when they get where they hit, well they need to hit what your aiming at first! Now that I got that zan , Patriot, H&N to shoot well below 250-300, the 22 40g kings to 400+ my challenge is the 60gr .25. I finally gave up on my .25 700mm superior heavy and moved on to the 800mm .25 with the 60 gr Queens. They are very promising in this barrel. Hopefully before end of summer I will be shooting these as good as I did with the 22 40 gr but at 4 to 500. Part of the issue with these heavier slugs and me is dealing with the hold as the weight and longer barrel does affect things.

Yes I probably would be money ahead and less time tuning if I just got the panthera or just stuck with the 22 and the 40gr kings. šŸ™„ but I'm a bit of a šŸ– head and tuning is all part of the fun. We'll maybe less fun if there is no progress. How else do you learn if not hands on? šŸ˜Š

Allen
Allen, did you have good accuracy with the 32.3 grain Altaros Smooth? How fast were you shooting them, and from what barrel? I'd like to see if they shoot well in my .22 Red Wolf... The 40 grain Kings would be too much for that gun.
I haven't tried the Queens, just from the actual BC comparison and how much harder the gun would have to work and the high tune/low shot count, the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze compared to the .25 cal 49.5 grain smooth. But then, I'm only going out to 300 yards...

Allen, did you have good accuracy with the 32.3 grain Altaros Smooth? How fast were you shooting them, and from what barrel? I'd like to see if they shoot well in my .22 Red Wolf... The 40 grain Kings would be too much for that gun.
I haven't tried the Queens, just from the actual BC comparison and how much harder the gun would have to work and the high tune/low shot count, the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze compared to the .25 cal 49.5 grain smooth. But then, I'm only going out to 300 yards...
From my results on my 22 impact on the 700mm superior heavy and the 800 superior heavy shooting the same 880-900 they did very good. I did not have a ton of them and shot what I had that I bought from the classifieds from ctshooter(?) It basically convinced me to try the 40gr kings since i was on the 40 gr javelin kick that was promoted at the time along with all the bolt ons required to push them to 1050fps which the 40gr kings did not need at all! šŸ˜†

Allen

Reactions: Centercut
Oh, if anybody has not read up on the alteros slugs and thinking of trying them. They do not like speed. If you try to shoot them like the other slugs with fast speeds like the youtube guys do the javelins, you will not like these at all! Actually I wasted a good amount of the first batch of 32.3 slugs by shooting them over 940fps! They shoot like a shotgun and won't even hit paper at high speeds.

Allen

Reactions: Centercut