• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben My Experience buying a Huben K1 from Kraz Cool, and first shooting impressions.

After much research, I decided on a Huben K1 over a Western Rattler. After searching google, I was going buy from the a foreign company, but then I remembered reading about Kraz Cool and searched specifically for that website. I ended up calling and ordering a K1 on Tuesday, and it was at my house by Friday. He included a tin of pellets, 200 slugs, a paper mate pen, extra parts, an upgraded pellet hatch cover, and a carbon rod. The customer service is EXCEPTIONAL! I am so happy with it.

I got everything set up and started to shoot right away.

First Impressions

It is a beast with the slugs. It has so much more power than my Maverick sniper.

USE THE INCLUDED PEN WHEN SHOOTING PELLETS!! I thought it was awful at shooting pellets, since it would sometimes not cycle, but it was just user error since the pellets were not properly seated. I even got it jammed and had to use the carbon rod to unjam the barrel before I realized my ignorance about using the pen.

backyard range goes from 20-100 yards, and it seems that once you get past 70 yards, heavier slugs are a bit more accurate.

That is all I have so far.

For anyone with a K1, have you added a silencer to it before?

Kelly is a Great dude and will always go above and beyond to help... I have been buying from him for years..

As to your question on the Moderator, Yes you can with the use of an adapter.
I personally have used a few different ones on my .25, and run my .22 without a moderator.
The best I have used on the .25 is an STO (Silent Thunder Ordnance) High Flow, Falx. Works very well and has no POI shift .

My .22 is set up as a pretty hot pellet shooter, shooting the JSB 28.55 @ 910fps, It is dead nuts @ 50 shooting 3/8" groups all day.
Even at those settings the gun is still more than backyard friendly, it actually sounds pretty cool with a "whistling" sound effect...

The .25 with the STO is more of muffled whoosh

I run a sumo on my .25 and it’s quiet. Never had an issue seating pellets and never used a pen. Ran just about every pellet H&N has but mostly use JSB heavies.

IMG_0262.jpeg

After much research, I decided on a Huben K1 over a Western Rattler. After searching google, I was going buy from the a foreign company, but then I remembered reading about Kraz Cool and searched specifically for that website. I ended up calling and ordering a K1 on Tuesday, and it was at my house by Friday. He included a tin of pellets, 200 slugs, a paper mate pen, extra parts, an upgraded pellet hatch cover, and a carbon rod. The customer service is EXCEPTIONAL! I am so happy with it.

I got everything set up and started to shoot right away.

First Impressions

It is a beast with the slugs. It has so much more power than my Maverick sniper.

USE THE INCLUDED PEN WHEN SHOOTING PELLETS!! I thought it was awful at shooting pellets, since it would sometimes not cycle, but it was just user error since the pellets were not properly seated. I even got it jammed and had to use the carbon rod to unjam the barrel before I realized my ignorance about using the pen.

backyard range goes from 20-100 yards, and it seems that once you get past 70 yards, heavier slugs are a bit more accurate.

That is all I have so far.

For anyone with a K1, have you added a silencer to it before?
Dang I got mine from New England airguns and it came with nothing at all. and I've been waiting to hear back on availability of basic part for about two months, so I ended up ordering it from krazcool (who had it in stock). I regret purchasing it from them to be honest given everything that I hear about krazcool.

How does the action of the K1 compare to the Sidewinder? I shot a friends Sidewinder and the sound and feeling of the hammerless valve action against my cheek was terrible. Even on the lowest power setting I felt like I was getting slapped and it made me want to wear earplugs and a safety shield.
I have both in .22 caliber, and I can tell you the Huben is worlds better in that regards. It is really my only issue with the Sidewinder - it shoots great, but the action is so loud. That said, the Huben - as a bullpup that requires you to put your head on the action - is still going to be louder than a conventional rifle. But it is very comfortable to shoot, even at high power. The action of the Huben at high power is quieter than the Sidewinder at very low power . . .

Edit - I forgot to mention that I bought my Huben from Kelly in 2021. Top notch all the way around! He has helped me several times since then, and I would highly recommend him for any purchase going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgunnnner
@Emu - I get 40 shots on my .25 with 310 bar with 33.95g JSBs. My compressors don't go any higher, but I did pump it up with my Huben hand pump (took me forever) and got about 60. I have rarely had to reload in the field due to not ever getting that may game targets to shoot at!

@goldmaniam - I put both an Impulse 1200 on mine and a FLAX high flow. The FLAX is quieter, but the Impulse is more than good enough for hunting. Neither seem to disturb the POI.

Kelly goes above and beyond on an service problem I've had. He knows the Huben's cold!

Reactions: Emu
I am also running an atom on my k1 and it does great, when you start getting to the 875fps mark you can hear the tone change but nothing crazy. To me the indexing makes more noise. In .22 I can get around 120+ shots and the .25 when I had it sold it to get a gk1 .25 was getitng about 60. Kelly is the best and after all my purchases glad to call him a friend he's always there when I have a question.
20240416_225220.jpg

Reactions: Dairyboy