• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

My EBR Prize - Daystate Redwolf Safari .25 (.22) - review and tests

Full 4K quality video of 100 yards benchrest with full size ExtremeBenchrest target practice. The wind was very slow today (0.3 - 1,5 meters per second). And it is the most difficult conditions for me to shoot. It changed directions so I had to holdover from 0 to 0.8 mil to get my 10x score. The first match was not good at all 213 - my brains didn't want to work with such a weak wind. But the second match was fine - 226 score. 
https://youtu.be/46PqFKcFvLk

Well, I think that I've finished tuning my Daystate (at least if we speak about the quantity of shots and speed deviation). Before my last changes I had to shoot from 200 to 145 bar to get the most constant results (you may see the chart from the May 17 in this topic).

Just to remind you, my previous setup was 60 shots with the range of 963,25 fps +/- 5.9 fps from 245 to 145 bar.

Now I've got 61 constant shot with the range of 967,5 fps +/- 3,9 fps from 255 to 150 bar and it is really good as for me!

210616    .1623834236.png

Hi Russ, fantastic results, I am very interested in your parameters for that program, would you mind letting me know your voltage and pulse lengths, hi, mid, low pressure points etc please? PM is fine if you dont want to post it on the thread.

Also do you know the porting/valving set up of your particular gun, breech TP, valve core and valve block as these tend to have a big impact on the performance and flow characteristics of the gun.

Lastly are your results with weighed pellets or unsorted?

Thanks for your advice.

No problem, I'm not earning anything with that so why not to share? I had to cheat a bit to get those results.

HP=3150, MP=2500, LP=2375, HPP 1025bit (275.2 bar), MPP 700bit (195.8 bar), LPP 615 bit (175.1 bar), Voltage 910 bit (67,72V)

I don't know the parameters of the valve system - I didn't get there yet and don't think it is necessary in my particular case. 

I didn't weight the pellets - those were straight out of the tin.

Since the gun started out as a .25 HP caliber gun, are the ports/valve for that different than the ones that are the .22 HP version? I ask because if we were to use these setting on a stock .22 RW HP, they may give different results. Your barrel is also significantly longer than a stock RW HP so that will also affect settings... I don't think for us that have .22 RW HP's, plugging those numbers into our GCU2 will give similar results...

So you have effectively overshot the HPP and used a section of the curve further down in the range to flatten it out, effectively turning it into using two points, very clever I must admit I had not thought of that, I usually set my 3 points extremely close together to override the curve altogether.

I presume you don't have a programmer with the ability to select your voltage range then Russ, 910 bits is not 67 volts on a GCU2 board, it just displays it that way, just be aware the voltage is around 80, unless of course you have a GCU1 board then it is correct.

I programmed yesterday for 1030 FPS with a .22 cal 25g JSB MONSTER RD, 30 shots with an ES of 8 FPS (unweighed pellets), I have no idea yet how they will shoot at 100 yards at that high speed though.

Great to listen to your experiences thankyou.

Since the gun started out as a .25 HP caliber gun, are the ports/valve for that different than the ones that are the .22 HP version? I ask because if we were to use these setting on a stock .22 RW HP, they may give different results. Your barrel is also significantly longer than a stock RW HP so that will also affect settings... I don't think for us that have .22 RW HP's, plugging those numbers into our GCU2 will give similar results...

Good point CC.

Hate to do it, but possibly we should be gluing our barrels to the action?

mike

Mike, it is good solution, when you are not going to change the barrel. Or you can use green or blue loctite, so that you could get the barrel away without extra heating the barrel chamber.

But I use it in extra situations only. Usual way of barrel fixation is enough as for me. 

I think that the reason is that I didn't fix the barrel well enough. I've discovered it after making this shooting. It's my fault and it is fixed already.

What exactly did you “fix” to make the barrel better do that you didn’t get the occasional flyer? Thanks. 
Mike

Mike, I forgot to fix the front barrel fixation screw. Shame on me! And I've discovered it after shooting. So my barrel was not fixed well enough (with the back screw only). I suppose that it is the reason, but not 100% sure yet - needs to be tested.