• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My EBay 12"x12" Bullet Trap

Fantastic piece of engineering!

DSCN0035.JPG

Yes i’m Only 43 ft away and can hear it. Just wish I had my .257 talon together I’d Give it a whack
Pack it full of rubber mulch and put a few layers of cardboard. The only sound you should hear is the pellet hitting the paper/cardboard. Replace the cardboard every so often from your 30 Amazon boxes and you are good to go.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I got one of these a week ago or so. Very very nice trap! Shooting 9mm at 90-150 fpe (evanix rex) and the bullets stay completely intact. Shooting .25 cal at the same energy (and higher speed), the pellets do shatter a bit and a fair amount of dust is generated for sure. Backspatter had been very minimal which is nice.
@MrP At what distance(s) were you shooting your Evanix into your metal trap? Which brand, style, and weight was the you used ammo?

Reactions: Deadlands
I was shooting at 35 meters. Some ballistic products .360 super buckshot and h and n grizzlies. Grizzlies are maybe 89 grains - don’t have a tin on hand. The round ball are lighter - closer to 75 grains I think / haven’t weighed those and the package doesn’t specify. The round ball is hardened with antimony and much harder than the soft h and n lead.

Same distance for the .25, shooting nsa 43 grain

I was shooting at 35 meters. Some ballistic products .360 super buckshot and h and n grizzlies. Grizzlies are maybe 89 grains - don’t have a tin on hand. The round ball are lighter - closer to 75 grains I think / haven’t weighed those and the package doesn’t specify. The round ball is hardened with antimony and much harder than the soft h and n lead.

Same distance for the .25, shooting nsa 43 grain
@MrP 35 meters? Grizzlies I’m a little familiar with I have some of those. Couldn’t get them to group well out of my .357 Bulldog. Haven’t heard of Super Buckshot. I assume these are the hard round balls. Do you think that they didn’t fragment due to the design of the trap or did you place some sort of material in the trap to prevent the lead from breaking apart once it hit the steel? If you have any photos of the intact slugs in that trap I’d like to see a couple.

I bought a pair of soft body Armor, clamp it on a poll and shoot inside my Garage. 30cal from leshiy 2 bang bang over and over and it gets dented but that’s it. Opened one and it’s a stack of ballastix cloth. Less than half was damaged

View attachment 303847
It's a great idea!! Where did you get them?