My DIY accessary MODS for Snowpeak M60B

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Well, I wanted a longer rail to mount my new V9 bipod to the M60B but the only extension I found was the Saber Tactical. It is too short and expensive IMO.

I began to do some homework and found a couple of parts that I could use to make such rail extension. I found a 9" picatinny rail ($18 cdn) and a couple of sling mount plates ($16 cdn) from Amazon. And a V9 bipod ($30 cdn).

I grinded off one knob of the rail, using a digital calibre to ensure that it will be a snug fit to the gap of the sling mount plate. I then tapped it in using a mallet. This unit gets snugged in tight when I mount it onto the rail of the gun at the bottom using the included screw. I placed an 1/2" pipe insulation foam between the rail and the bottle to fill up the gap. The extended rail is holding well with a small compression when the gun is sitting on top of the bipod. The foam just absorb a little bit of downward compression.

I added the second plate to the front so that I can insert the FX Chrony mount that I made with wood pieces.

A simple project to do and I am very happy with the outcome.

Here it is.

M60B-My-DIY-MODS small.jpg

Added two more accessories to my M60B. A single loader and a 16 rounds magazine from Maple Custom Products.

I must say these 3D printed magazines are of very high quality and design, and they cycle very well. I will enjoy the single loader just so I can slow down my shooting and focus more on the accuracy testings at longer ranges. Can't wait to test them out in the field when the weather permits.

3D-single-tray-small.jpg

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape