• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My DAR Gen 2 .25 Came In Today

Very impressed right out of the box with the DAR Gen 2 .25!

It doesn't feel at all like some cheap plastic piece of junk. The wood is nice!

The ergonomics are great! Love the magazines! Polymags fit no problem.

The mags remind me of something you would see on a higher end European Gun.

Side lever is nice. Trigger is good right out of the box.

It does have more bark than a .25 Marauder. I wouldn't call it backyard friendly.

It is light! I don't have a scale, so I can't tell you for sure, but considerably lighter than my .25 Synrod.

Shorter too. It feels really good in the hands. My scope comes tomorrow. I hope to get out soon to try it out.

I ran a few pellets over the chrono with the out of the box tune:

JSB Exact King 25.4 850 fps

JSB Hades 26.54 825 fps

Predator Polymag 26 840 fps

JSB King Heavy MkII 33.94 755 fps

I think I will just leave it alone and shoot it like it is for now.

All in all I like it a lot! For $300! Are you kidding me? What a steal!

That’s good to hear. The pre-production one I tested still had the earlier rough trigger components so I’m glad to hear that they have that covered now.

To be honest a year ago I would have taken a bet that they would not be able to hold the original price with all the improvements and QC attention. I’m pleased to have been wrong about that.

That’s good to hear. The pre-production one I tested still had the earlier rough trigger components so I’m glad to hear that they have that covered now.

To be honest a year ago I would have taken a bet that they would not be able to hold the original price with all the improvements and QC attention. I’m pleased to have been wrong about that.

How do you get to have a GEN2 DAR 22 when they aren't yet available?

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/dynamic-air-rifles-25/

I got a 177 cal today. Before I bought mine I talked to Ryan, not sure of his position, but he said that each gun would have a data sheet to show a 40 yard group and chrony numbers. He said the gun I was buying shot the 16 gr JSB Beasts 985 fps. Well, there was no data sheet and the gun shoots the JSB 10.3 at 916 fps. It's not a big deal because I don't need a power house 177 but the false advertisement is disappointing. I have to give them credit, the gun shoots very well. It reminds me of my Air Arms rifle.

I'm new here and considering a DAR 25, also. I'll be using it for mainly jackrabbits, cottontails, raccoon & fox. I figure that the .22 would be too light for the predators on the list. After a little research, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not the .25's will expand in say a raccoon at its slower speeds., while the .22s would expand due to higher velocities.

Can any of you help me out. Has anyone fired a .25 into ballistic gel? I'm now confused as to which DAR to get.

Thanks, and it's good to be here.

I'm new here and considering a DAR 25, also. I'll be using it for mainly jackrabbits, cottontails, raccoon & fox. I figure that the .22 would be too light for the predators on the list. After a little research, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not the .25's will expand in say a raccoon at its slower speeds., while the .22s would expand due to higher velocities.

Can any of you help me out. Has anyone fired a .25 into ballistic gel? I'm now confused as to which DAR to get.

Thanks, and it's good to be here.

Don't worry about ballistic gel.

One shot from the .25 with 25.4 JSB Exact King at 850 fps (40fpe) to the dome of a racoon or fox will put them down just like that.

Get the .25. You will be glad you did.

Neither .22 nor .25 is suitable for vitals shots on foxes or raccoons in my opinion, but either one will do the trick with a proper brain shot. In effect that means expansion is pretty much irrelevant and may even be counterproductive. Penetration is the name of the game. A dome does that better than a hollow point or similar pellet which are at a higher risk of being deflected by the skull in a forward-facing shot.

I’ve taken dozens of raccoons with .22 cal (25-30fpe), most of them at 40-50 yards, as well as a few red foxes. Shot placement is critical though. Stepping up to .25 cal will be more forgiving of placement but not by a lot. Enough to be worthwhile, but if you miss the brain with either one, you’re looking at a wounded animal.