• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DAR My DAR gen 2 17 cal won't group.

I am sure this was a while back, but where the heck did you get a new barrel for $34?????????????????????

Sort of hard to believe, even if it was 10 years ago. Even for a Stormrider!

I have no doubt that a new barrel for a .177 DAR would be MUCH more even if you COULD find one. The company doesn't even offer .177 guns now and based on my experience with Aim Sports, I highly doubt they have or would even try to get a replacement for ANY customer.
I found out that Blue Line Solutions is the parts and repair place for Diana air guns so I contacted them and they gave me a email address to Patriot Airguns. Patriot was very helpful and sent me a complete barrel with suppressor for 34.00. I think Blue line said they sold all their Storm rider stuff to Patriot airguns

DAR/Aim Sports had a good thing going with the Gen 2 rifles, but it went downhill fast and now the company is a joke...

I am the proud (ha) owner of all three calibers of the DAR Gen 2, and luckily all three are shooters. They were all tuned too hot out of the factory but I was able to tinker with them and get them to group/shoot very well.

I know there are a lot of guys who were not that lucky and that really sucks. When Joe was there the company was legit, but as soon as he left, the party was over.
Progress on DAR: have removed baffles and shroud and shot several different pellet groups. Best to date is with Crosman premier domed 10.5 gr. Ten shot group < 1 inch @ 15 meters, Pics attached.

View attachment 394923

View attachment 394924
So, did removing the baffles and shroud make a difference?

Did you check the screws that secure the barrel into the action?

Did you clean the barrel? Those barrels have a tendency to get dirty fast...

Maybe you and 'Backstop' can make one gun out of the two of yours...😏

Latest on DAR: I pulled barrel, cleaned and inspected breech, transfer port, muzzle/crown and barrel as best I could. Found a burr on breech side of transfer port and a rough lead in to bore. Tried to clean up burr with grinding compound & fine wet/dry paper. Also cleaned bore again. Still get a wide group as per previous picture. Will try to get a gunsmith to look at barrel, someone with better eyes and experience. Thank you for the suggestions and support. db