• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Daisy 880!

I've had so many of these over the years.
Finally able to afford putting a little $/stuff on/into it and what not.
Figured is start with what spare parts I had laying around.
I like this ALOT more now🤣
More weight up front*my preference on a multipump*
Can now go prone of need be.
Folded up bipod gives me more "shelf" up front for my big hands/for me more stability off-hand.
I can set the slinger down and not worry about it.
Even the lady was eyeballing it bc she shot it off of bags and liked it
..🥴👀🤷‍♂️🤪🎩🤙
So!
Uhhh....
Barrel clamp with picatinny for bipod
Barska 3-9×32 with 30/30 reticle
Usually slinging 10-13gr for hunting/pesting
Then 5.4-10gr for paper pinching.

20230531_123716.jpg

20230531_123900.jpg

I've had so many of these over the years.
Finally able to afford putting a little $/stuff on/into it and what not.
Figured is start with what spare parts I had laying around.
I like this ALOT more now🤣
More weight up front*my preference on a multipump*
Can now go prone of need be.
Folded up bipod gives me more "shelf" up front for my big hands/for me more stability off-hand.
I can set the slinger down and not worry about it.
Even the lady was eyeballing it bc she shot it off of bags and liked it
..🥴👀🤷‍♂️🤪🎩🤙
So!
Uhhh....
Barrel clamp with picatinny for bipod
Barska 3-9×32 with 30/30 reticle
Usually slinging 10-13gr for hunting/pesting
Then 5.4-10gr for paper pinching.

View attachment 360846

View attachment 360847
Nice additions. A very good little rifle when you stay within its limits. Glad to see you are having fun with it.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Soooooo, how many have done the barrel taping bit? Mine isn’t audibly loose, but I’ve read enough posts about this improving the gun’s precision (or accuracy, for those who call it that—I was taught that accuracy applies to the shooter, while precision refers to the gun) that I’m curious. It appears to be a simple DIY. But some say tape a little down from the muzzle while others say to also tape in a second location farther down.

The thing is, for a whopping $60, the 880 is a bargain, period. So much fun for that $60 plus some pellets!

Soooooo, how many have done the barrel taping bit? Mine isn’t audibly loose, but I’ve read enough posts about this improving the gun’s precision (or accuracy, for those who call it that—I was taught that accuracy applies to the shooter, while precision refers to the gun) that I’m curious. It appears to be a simple DIY. But some say tape a little down from the muzzle while others say to also tape in a second location farther down.

The thing is, for a whopping $60, the 880 is a bargain, period. So much fun for that $60 plus some pellets!
I wrapped it bc it was glaring the sun into my eyes at certain times🤣🥴😅🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Farmplinker2
I inherited my Father-in-law’s 880, 10 or more years ago. One side of the receiver is broken.
Parts are cheap, maybe I should give it some attention?
Fix it up and let the boys fistfight over it?

The two older ones will back down as the little one has mama’s mean streak.
These slingers are great fun all around🤗
Dang accurate/not too pellet picky.
I will probably end up with another one for the lady bc this one is mine!👀🥴🤣🤷‍♂️🤪

I wrapped it bc it was glaring the sun into my eyes at certain times🤣🥴😅🤷‍♂️
From what I understand, the taping is an internal shim or pair of shims rather than an external wrap. Supposedly fills any space between the actual barrel and the shroud.

The sun definitely is getting to be more of a pain now that we’re heading into the long days of intense sunshine.

From what I understand, the taping is an internal shim or pair of shims rather than an external wrap. Supposedly fills any space between the actual barrel and the shroud.

The sun definitely is getting to be more of a pain now that we’re heading into the long days of intense sunshine.
Aw i hear ya now. I've not done anything internally to it.