• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My coming FX Crown Continuum..bipod mount....Picatinny stock mount or Saber TaC?

I guess I couldn’t full message in the post, but I ordered my crown continuum last week and it should be here the first part of August. I want to mount a Picatinny rain mount on the stock, but there is a saber tactical clamp mount for the bottle. Part of me doesn’t like the stress dynamics the bottle clamped mount could put on the bottle and regulator connection to the gun so I ant it to go on the stock.

May i have your opinion of my concern of the bottle clamp from Saber tactical vs. a traditional Picatinny rain mount on the bottom of the forestock for bipod?

Ever tighten a large metal bolt onto piece of metal? Well, that’s how tight, solid, and secure the FX Crown’s carbon fiber bottle fits onto its block. Solid as a rock! The Saber Tactical picatinny bottle clamp won’t hurt a thing if your CF bottle is screwed on nice and snugly. Unless you’re slamming it down on the bench, you should be problem free.

On the other hand if installed correctly, a good picatinny rail installed onto the stock (measured, drilled, and put on right) should be good for the airguns life if used normally. And not abused. Meaning not handling the airgun like Hulk and keep taking the pic rail on and off. If your going to install one on the stock my advice, install it right and leave it alone.

3 years no issues with the rails on my Crown’s stocks.

1594761033_14250010045f0e1f490d4db8.22962369.jpeg

1594761078_4789484375f0e1f7620d776.90081168.png

I have short pic rails on most of my rifles. I also have a Saber Tac bottle mount, don't much like it. I works well enough, but can be a little fussy getting set up. It is not as solid as a good rail mount. Is it solid enough, well yeah. Basically, I don't much like attaching anything to the bottle. If you are moderately capable with hand tools, a good pic rail installation is easy. If you do any position shooting with a sling, you will definitely appreciate the robust feel of the rail attachment. I like the Seekins Precision SRS rail, which has a sling attaching hole in the front.