My close range rat buster

D7CA00B7-8454-4904-BFAE-B7C58059904C.1601211107.jpeg

My close range rat buster. 3/4 inch Group shot standing unsupported, with double hand, combat grip at 12 metres 

Internal tuning gives me 520 fps with 7.87 grain enough to penetrate clean through the neck at 8 to 10 metres.

59CA3C9E-5C4C-44A4-9C83-4021D1C97FFB.1601212669.jpeg

Development of piston heads. Right seal, joint designed by me and Tony Leach of Airtech, available through him.

Left seal my latest development has proved a revelation. Using a leather formed cup washer, of much slimmer design than the Walther stock seal but instead of having a rubber buffer washer ahead of the seal, i placed it inside the cup washer with a damping space of special material. Rubber buffer hits end of piston and damps until flush with head of leather, compressing the inner secret material. With reduced TP of 3mm, Virtually recoiless!

Thanks buddy. The Gun is (was) a near mint LP53 but i always felt it looked a touch disproportioned with the full length barrel.

As an admirer of the Colt Woodsman, Jaegar .22 Target and Mandolin pistols, i decided to mod it to same proportions.

The work tested my gun smithing skills to the max, trying to keep the original fit of the foresight and the small relief at the end of the barrel exactly spec but think i achieved it. I then wanted a HW45 like performance. Quite a challenge but if you want something, you get it done.

The comments above made it all worthwhile.

Its funny. Some pistols can have massive gains like this but others already at their tipping point. Often guns from way back are the ones which can be improved by our experience of new technology and experience but there is often a resistance to want to try because they are collectors pieces....it didn't stop me.