My Bulldog thus far. (added graphic content)

"ajshoots"Bleudg, How has your Bulldog experience been?? If you would like to share, please feel free to share in this thread. Really want to get some more input on the Bulldog!!
I've had my Bulldog for about a year. I think I was one of the first to get one along with "Manny" who did a great review on it back then. The biggest complaint then was that in some eyes it was uggggllly! I kinda agreed with that but thought that the camo treatment toned it down and minimized that "Big Black Club" look. I also thought that the loud ping was distracting and pumping it back up after 5 shots with a hand pump was hell on my arthritic wrist.
Fast forward...As of this week I have probably put several 1000 rounds through the Bulldog and so far I am loving it. Of course I now have a couple of air tanks and an air compressor so it's easy to blow through a lot of ammo. It doesn't take long to shoot up $100 worth of Noslers! I think the the Bulldog does better with the JSB 82 grain pellets. I was averaging 5 shot groups of 1-1/2" to 2" @ 50 yards with an occasional "flyer" (?). I do think that this is really a 5 or 6 shot gun before it starts to drop off. Especially the heavier Noslers. Like Manny mentioned in his review, it seems to group better and get quieter the more rounds fired through it, although that just might be me getting use to the sound or my ears getting older. I still feel it is not backyard friendly in my subdivision neighborhood.I did some crony testing last year but can't seem to locate the data. I do remember that I wanted to minimize shooting the heavier pellets after 5 shots (one magazine).
Concerning the Bulldog. I want to give a big BRAVO ZULU to Crosman for a recent job they did as a result of my screwup. I recently had my three grandsons out on a shooting trip with several of my pellet guns. We were plinking away at some water bottles and other targets when I noticed that I wasn't hearing the Bulldog "ping". Turns out that three rounds had been loaded in the Bulldog and were jammed in the barrel. I made several attempts to dislodge them with no success. I sent the gun off to Crosman who said that they would have to renew the barrel and it would take three to four weeks to repair and return. Less then two weeks later Crosman returned the gun with a new barrel and an invoice marked "No Charge"! Talk about customer service!
After the repair I remounted the scope and took it out to re-zero and check out the repair. I loaded it up with the JSB's and set the target up at 35 yards. The second picture below is the grouping at 50 yards taken about 6 months ago (1-1/2" grouping but can't get the picture to open) I took the third picture below about two weeks ago. It is the "first" shot out the new barrel with no scope adjustments! I had to take a picture of that "Lucky" first shot. The subsequent shots resulted in a 1-1/4" group at 35 yards.
So as I mentioned in other post, the Bulldog is a fun to shoot gun and a serious hunting tool. I still get enjoyment from the conversation it creates with powder burners at the local gun range. Even have some converts! Our outdoor gun range is open 7 days a week but we have an agreement with locals to make Monday and Tuesday "Quiet Days". However, they said we can shoot pellet guns on those two days. That makes it more enjoyable not having to wear ear muffs or having an AR-15 going off next to you.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/lknut60907/image_zps46nabjcl.jpeg

"ajshoots"Thanks Lee!! I watched that video and will probably order some H&N next time I make a pellet order. My barrel is slugging just slightly over .357. I might order .357 and .358 sizing die and see if I can get any improvements??
aj,
Back when I got my Bulldog I tried several different pellets. The H&N Grizzly did not group well for me. On Mannys suggestion I tried some EPP/UG cast bullets from "Iron Mule" in .358 sized and unsized (as cast). The as cast were difficult loading in the breech and did not shoot well. The sized bullets shot OK but for me the JSBs grouped better. Also, for me, none of the pellets I shot from this gun grouped well at 100 yards.
I'll wait and see how they work for you and if you get good results I might try them since I have a new barrel now.

AJ and Fritz, because of you guys I also picked up a Bulldog, it should be here tomorrow!! With the great price and some family recently moving to NC(Hogs & Deer legal there) I wanted a big bore. I only have a hand pump and assuming the noise probably won't be able to do any shooting in my backyard, but my step fathers house should work.. I'm waiting for the ammo from PA, ordered 67gr Round Balls, 2 Tins of JSBs and a box of Air Venturi 127gr round nose. it'll take me some time to get a lot of shots thru it with only a hand pump, but I'll do my best to give another perspective or the Bulldog.. My wife and wallet thank you 😝

Ya know guys....
I truly would like one of these .... Since NY is considering allowing air guns for deer hunting this year.
I think I can get over the look of this ugly thing..... but the plastic bothers me a whole lot.
I have plenty of people laughing at me now about using air guns... I can't imagine bringing this
thing out and showing it others.... I have a compressor and 4 tanks that will feed this thing.... but dang ... the looks and the plastic
just gets to me....

Now..... in real life does it really look that bad?... I only seen videos and pictures...

Also I am one of those that got a Marauder .22 that sucks and don't want to get burned again by Benjamin.... the other 3 marauders I have are good but not great....

I truly would want to like this gun.... am I wrong...

Ezerhoden14, looking forward to your results. Keep us posted.

Billy, I still think the bulldog looks odd, but it looks much better in person. The plastic was also one of my big issues prior to owning a bulldog. In all honesty, a wood stock or typical synthetic as used on most bullpups would make this gun weigh a ton. The plastic used for the stock seems very solid and I really have no worries about it breaking. Based on how my Bulldog is performing, I think it's a hell of a bigbore bargain!! As I have said, there really isn't alot of reviews or first hand experiences posted about this gun. Did I get really lucky or is the bulldog just a good gun on average?? So far the responses from other owners on this forum would lead me to believe the Bulldog is a good solid gun that should perform well for its intended purpose.

"ajshoots"I ordered this Bulldog combo from Crosman last Tuesday. http://www.crosman.com/airguns/air-rifles/bulldog-big-game-hunter-s-pack . Using the 20%off Tuesday code, I felt it was a really good deal.

In all honesty, I had no real intentions to buy a Bulldog until ztirffritz posted about buying his. After seeing the new reduced price coupled with 20% off Tuesday, I just could not resist. The package arrived today, but unfortunately, I had to leave for work just minutes after it arrived. After work, I cranked up the heat in my shop and went thru the gun. I cleaned the bore with the supplied cleaning rod and swabs. I checked all the allen screws and lubed the breech o-ring. I mounted the scope from the combo with the supplied rings. Even though the scope is rather large, I really like the fine mildot reticle and so far I am impressed with the scope overall. I mounted the bipod with the supplied adapter and all that was left was loading the mags and filling to 3000psi.

I had ordered 4 tins of 81gr JSB's and a couple boxes of Noslers. Since deer hunting is not legal with big bores here in Ohio, this gun will be used mainly for coyotes, so the JSB's will be fine as long as they are accurate. Filled to 3000psi, the first 5 shots with JSB's gave 919fps avg with an ES of 29fps. 10 shots had an ES of nearly 100fps and that is just not exceptable. I already have guns that get a very limited number of shots, so I was not dissapointed. I only expected 5 good shots and I got that!! I was rather suprised that the 5 shots with JSB's had a really good ES and showed an actual bell curve. 150fpe avg with 81gr JSB's is awesome in my mind. I only hope they shoot good once I can test accuracy. After shooting a few strings and getting almost identical results, it was time to see what the Noslers could do. My tanks were about empty, but I had enough for one last 3000psi fill. Would have loved to fill my tanks and keep shooting, but my wife would not be happy if she was woke up by the noise of my compressor. The first shot was only 685, but shots 4,5, and 6 were all 739!! If I threw out shot one(meaning only fill to 2900psi) I had 5 shots at 729fps avg with an ES of 37fps. Again, I was happy with 5 rather consistant 170fpe shots.

These are just my initial results with the Bulldog and hope to test accuracy in the coming days. I figured that I would have to spend alot of time tuning this gun and doing some mods to make it suitable for me. So far, I was wrong. I have always thought the Bulldog was horribly ugly as well. In person I actually like it. The trigger also suprised me. Though it is a 2 stage which I don't like, the final trigger pull is 1lbs 11oz. It is very solid and for a hunting rig, I am pleased with the trigger. Overall, it shoulders very well and all the complaints I thought I would have, I have none so far. If this thing is accurate, I will have to call it a winner!! With the scope and bipod, minus mag or bullets, it topped the scales at 11lbs.

I already have a Bulldog and tried using the discount last Tuesday on a basic modes and it wouldn't work. Any secrets getting it to work? Regards, Tom

"ajshoots"I just put the code in and it worked fine?? Maybe try calling Crosman if you can't get it to work.

What time did you try to order? I believe that Crosman.com operates on Eastern time zone, so if you're on the west coast it will work at 9PM on Monday and quits working on 9PM on Tuesday. I've noticed that situation.

You might also try the 'TEDHLDVR' code any other day of the week for a 15% discount if all else fails.

My Bulldog should be back from Crosman Reform School (warranty repair) this Friday. I hope that I get the same gun back and it is leak free. It really did seem to shoot well, and I have a MOUNTAIN of .35 JSB pellets now and a bunch of other slugs to try.

AJ, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add my thoughts on my bulldog to this post, just so it's all consolidated.

It came yesterday while I was asleep, so I didn't get to it til this morning.. First impressions, Wow those Noslers are big! I mean yeah, I have a 9mm and a .357 powder burners, but that 145gr piece of lead is impressive to look at when you know it's for an air rifle.. Now onto the rifle, I always wondered why Crosman decided on this futuristic look, I didn't like it.. but in person this rifle looks so much better, it's lines aren't as sharp as they look in photos is as best as I can explain it. it shoulders well and doesn't feel like the 11lbs it weighed. I bought the Real Tree pattern version and the finish is a nice matte and looks really good. The pistol grip surprised me the most, its super comfortable. Also, from what I can tell, the trigger is nice, from the one dry fire I did to see how loud it was. Not backyard friendly, my neighbors are pretty cool about me shooting out back, but out of respect for them, I wouldn't practice in my yard.

A few of the negatives for me. I ordered the combo pack, the bi-pod it came with is very cheap. I compared it to my Harris and it's a much lighter and poorly constructed clone. it'll probably end up on my marauder and I'll move my Harris back and forth from my Bobcat to the Bulldog as needed. although I don't see the need for the bipod on the bulldog really. 

Next the safety blade is made of plastic, ugh!! there is this nice anodized metal trigger blade and then the safety is a straight piece of plastic that feels pretty flimsy. it's similar to a marauder safety being front of the trigger, although it slides front to back rather than being on a hinge.

The scope that was packaged seems nice, the reticle is fine and glass is clear. I'm not sure it's the scope that was supposed to be in there tho, it came with batteries for an illuminated reticle, but I can't seem to find a spot for them to go and there isn't an obvious "power" knob for selecting red or green illumination. not a huge deal for me, I may call Customer Service just to ask if there was a substitution made for any reason.

Thats all for now, once I get some trigger time I'll report back with my experiences.

Reactions: ajshoots