• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My boring .25 Bullboss pellet review: 3 populars pellets and 2 slugs.

So this may or may not be of interest but thought I would share MY experience thus far. keep in mine im a newer AG with only 200 rounds fired and no croney. all shots at 40 yards.

H&N-Hornets 24.38gr- Really accurate groups at 40yrds No flyers thus far. The penetration blows my mind. The metal tips stay on very well even after impact in most cases. The Magazine might be a smidgen to shallow for these pellets, but if you do it right in cycles the mag no problem. do it wrong, and they get a little hung up. Probably my favorite pellet.

JSB Exact King 25.3gr- Nobody needs a review. Of course it shot well.

H&N Barracuda 28.24gr- Super freaking accurate out of my gun. Even a bit more than the JSB's. Margin of error of course, but these pellets gave me the best groups and best mushrooming thus far.

FX Hybrid slug- after most shots I said "well where the hell did that one go?" I know slugs can be touch and gun and the type of gun makes a huge difference. But these consistently found a portal to another dimension...lost forever.

H&N Grizzly- I could at least see these strike the target nowhere near where I tried to place them.

Maybe my gun hates slugs, or I just have the power to high or two low? either way in stock form untouched my Bull Boss didn't like them at all. I know some other people with a Boss have really great luck with slugs. Im just not one yet.

Just last week,I gave one of my grandsons a Hatsan bullboss.25 along with a new handpump. Mounted a discovery scope/with side wheel.gave him 10 different types of pellets a bunch of targets.3 extra air tubes,he'll get lots of exercise.he's young.his dad has a crony.well I hope to bring a new younger generation into airgun shooting.i taught all my children to shoot,starting with airguns.2 daughters and 1 son.hoping that the whole family will enjoy.as a family unit i think even with this pandemic covid-19.they can setup a shooting lane up to 200 yds with safe back stop.hope he enjoys the bullboss,i did,just to heavy.now I shoot the Hatsan flashpup .25,I really really like the flashpup's .own 6 of them.they'll be the next hand me downs to my grandchildren ,have 6 ,and all ARE powder burners.PCP'S are all new to them.