My best 5 shot group with an air rifle!

I'm still not thrilled with shooting paper, but I still have those great days, and occasionally even get them on film. This picture is taken from a video of plinking at .25 cal airsoft pellets at 25-yards, with an HW75 scoped pistol. That was two, one MOA targets, without hitting the pin they were setting on. That was a great day too.View attachment 353252
Amazing Is this the 75 shooting at standard power which in the uk is about nothing or has it been upped a bit?

Reactions: .20calguy
Amazing Is this the 75 shooting at standard power which in the uk is about nothing or has it been upped a bit?
It shoots in the neighborhood of 420 fps, with RWS R10 7gr pellets so thats well bellow Eu standards, only about 2.7 lbs straight out of the box. I purchased it from AoA, maybe fifteen years ago.
My Beeman P1 mag, was stolen in house burglery in 95, and one day I was missing it, and was about grab one from Pyramid Air. While checking prices at AoA, and discovered the recoiless HW75, and snatched it instead.

It shoots in the neighborhood of 420 fps, with RWS R10 7gr pellets so thats well bellow Eu standards, only about 2.7 lbs straight out of the box. I purchased it from AoA, maybe fifteen years ago.
My Beeman P1 mag, was stolen in house burglery in 95, and one day I was missing it, and was about grab one from Pyramid Air. While checking prices at AoA, and discovered the recoiless HW75, and snatched it instead.
I have had a few from the HW stable the 75 and the 40 and the Beeman copy. I did not realise they were capable of that. I should have been more adventurous with mine. Great shooting that.

I have had a few from the HW stable the 75 and the 40 and the Beeman copy. I did not realise they were capable of that. I should have been more adventurous with mine. Great shooting that.
Thanks Telephonepete,
I am really fortunate to have a bunch of accurate air pistols, but the HW75 is the queen.

20230504_111010.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Justplinknaround
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I don’t shoot groups very often, as I prefer to shoot targets for score…

But I was resighting my RTI Prophet Performance V1 with .25 LR barrel yesterday. I had been shooting at 100 yards and wanted to see how it was grouping at 50 yards (49.3 yards from front of shooting bench - I measured after I wrote 45 yards on target).

This group was my 1st five shots of the day. It was at 865fps using FX 25.4g pellets.

It is likely the tightest 5 shot group I’ve ever shot at 50 yards. I shot 4 more groups and tweaked velocity a bit (I know - why touch it - but I’m trying to find a great 100 yard tune, not 50 yards). All groups were sub 1/2” ctc, but this 5-shot group measured .02” ctc, lol - crazy! Using a 45x Sightron target scope.

Thought I’d share this lucky group - btw, straight out of the tin pellets, single shot loaded by hand - no magazine or SSL.

-Ed

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2248.jpeg

But I was resighting my RTI Prophet Performance V1 with .25 LR barrel yesterday. I had been shooting at 100 yards and wanted to see how it was grouping at 50 yards (49.3 yards from front of shooting bench - I measured after I wrote 45 yards on target).

This group was my 1st five shots of the day. It was at 865fps using FX 25.4g pellets.

It is likely the tightest 5 shot group I’ve ever shot at 50 yards. I shot 4 more groups and tweaked velocity a bit (I know - why touch it - but I’m trying to find a great 100 yard tune, not 50 yards). All groups were sub 1/2” ctc, but this 5-shot group measured .02” ctc, lol - crazy! Using a 45x Sightron target scope.

Thought I’d share this lucky group - btw, straight out of the tin pellets, single shot loaded by hand - no magazine or SSL.

-Ed

View attachment 356923

View attachment 356924

View attachment 356925
Since we're looking at groups, this is a gun that I have been dissatisfied with from day one. It is shooting the best that it has since I've owned it. I have a 14x scope, shooting 28 yards, and I assure you that I have the reticle centered on the bull. This is sixty five shots. Yesterday it was on bull, as I expected it to be today, but its POI center was right and a tad low. The flyers are crazy and one of those was right after my first dead bullseye.

Screenshot_20230609_213944_Gallery.jpg

20230608_170451.jpg

Hi Telephonepete,
How do you like that HW44? I was nervous about it because it isn't regulated?
Its a fantastic Pistol now Carbine. I was puzzled when I read your
B06EC0E0-AA84-4326-8BF0-445795D686C7.jpeg
C84C14F8-EC03-4CDA-85EB-F13D78C4DC3C.jpeg
post and googled it and as I expected it is regulated as is the HW110. As a Carbine it is the best fun ever. I shoot it with a Diopter a Scope and now a Red Dot. As a carbine its the best fun ever. If you fancy one dont delay get one and carbine it, its amazing. Over 125 regulated shots at 6ftlbs. I would prefer it to be higher ftlbs but for Plinking in the Garden and I am target shooting out to 20 yards with it, its good at that modest output. The target was at 12 yards rested. See the forsight is just balanced on a lump of Blue Tac. It was while I was trying to work out the levels of the front and rear sights whilst trying to set up the dioper. 10 shots off the BlueTac. I should have left it like that. :) As it is such a short sight base its good out to 20 yards or more depending on how accurate you want to be.
8F0D90BD-518B-4562-AB0E-883DDB0E57E8.jpeg
7E110868-E8EA-402F-B80D-4774815514B9.jpeg
B8B15CE1-99BB-4375-9CA8-540FDA41C7D4.jpeg
It ended up with the forsight raised more on a Weihrauch Moderator. Three groups of five shots at 20 yards. Happy Days :)

Last edited:
Its a fantastic Pistol now Carbine. I was puzzled when I read yourView attachment 363411View attachment 363413 post and googled it and as I expected it is regulated as is the HW110. As a Carbine it is the best fun ever. I shoot it with a Diopter a Scope and now a Red Dot. As a carbine its the best fun ever. If you fancy one dont delay get one and carbine it, its amazing. Over 125 regulated shots at 6ftlbs. I would prefer it to be higher ftlbs but for Plinking in the Garden and I am target shooting out to 20 yards with it, its good at that modest output. The target was at 12 yards rested. See the forsight is just balanced on a lump of Blue Tac. It was while I was trying to work out the levels of the front and rear sights whilst trying to set up the dioper. 10 shots off the BlueTac. I should have left it like that. :) As it is such a short sight base its good out to 20 yards or more depending on how accurate you want to be.View attachment 363410View attachment 363414View attachment 363415It ended up with the forsight raised more on a Weihrauch Moderator. Three groups of five shots at 20 yards. Happy Days :)
I tried to find where I got that notion that HW44 was non regulated? I don't remember where I read it? I shoot all my HW pistols at 25 yards, but Im set up for 28 yards at the moment. With open sights they will hit shotgun hulls, but with a scope they'll shoot wire nuts. On my best day I was shooting airsoft pellets of off push pins. So the HW44 should be capable of 1 MOA targets at 25 yards, or more.

Screenshot_20230425_201344_Gallery.jpg

-Ed

View attachment 356923

View attachment 356924

View attachment 356925
Great shooting at that distance.