My Bandit and Chaser bottle guns

Both guns are setup low pressure 13 ci/ 1000psi first strike hero regulators on the bottles. Bandit shooting hades 10.3 725/720fps no shot count as of yet. Chaser shooting 680/690fps no shot count yet. How ever I have did a shot count with the Chaser 13ci aluminum bottle 3000psi down to 500psi.

065C6BF0-EC46-4069-BB0B-3BBC26ED295E.jpeg

5538CE59-72F7-4E6D-84EF-5EF5EDFDB166.jpeg

Several friends and I have .22 Chasers/CP2s for dispatching cane toads in SW Florida.
Can you provide more detail on where to buy the adapter and bottles for the HPA?
Also what/where did you purchase the hdd / hammer spring combo?
I'm familiar with Alliance Hobby's HPA conversion kit but that involves a flexible tube to the bottle. I like your fixed-to-the-gun set up.
Regards,
RScott

Several friends and I have .22 Chasers/CP2s for dispatching cane toads in SW Florida.
Can you provide more detail on where to buy the adapter and bottles for the HPA?
I'm familiar with Alliance Hobby's HPA conversion kit but that involves a flexible tube to the bottle. I like your fixed-to-the-gun set up.
Regards,
RScot
Regards,
RScott
Jdsairman adapters are no longer made. The HDD is of my making the spring is out of a Chaser parts gun. Bottles are from ansgear.com and you can find just the bottles no reg at eBay got my 15 ci bottle there. Was a pretty sad day when Jdsairman went out of business just when Bandit and Chaser entered the market. The guy was from Florida if you could run him down you might be able to purchase the design.

I have both the Safepack and the dropblock, I am still waiting on the regulator to arrive but there will be a .3L bottle attached to my .22 Chaser for plinking fun. Here is the dropblock from Etsy:

Reactions: Whole9Yards
I tore the gun all the way down, polished out the breach, polished up the crown, cleaned the barrel, dropped the regulator (Altros) from 2200 psi to just 800 PSI and got the 8.63gr H&N field trophy pellets to shoot right at 870 FPS.

Groups reduced from 1.22" at 10m to .1" at 10m. If I spend the time and really aim, I am getting hole in hole groups now that the barrel is fouled properly.

The .5L bottle started at 3600 PSI and finished a 120 shot card at 2500 PSI. Lots of shots for very little air.

Parts arrived for the .22 bottle gun today but 2 of the 3 parts that should have been included in the package were not included so the build is delayed once more.

Chaser HPA Group 1.jpg

Chaser HPA Group 2.jpg

Chaser HPA Group 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: miksatx
I took her out for another night of bench shooting and I think I need to pull the barrel and clean it once again. Groups opened up to .3".

The breach is still very tight when loading, the oring is right but tight so I may look for another comp to ease loading.

Also, I have 3 or 4 more pellets left to try. I am hoping I find the golden child in a cheap pellet. Still waiting to try the Crosman domes.

Last edited:
I took her out for another night of bench shooting and I think I need to pull the barrel and clean it once again. Groups opened up to .3".

The breach is still very tight when loading, the oring is right but tight so I may look for another comp to ease loading.

Also, I have 3 or 4 more pellets left to try. I am hoping I find the golden child in a cheap pellet. Still waiting to try the Crosman domes.

Would I have to fit the barrel or are they ready to install?

From whom do you get them? LW?
no not ready to install. need to drill TP and turn the breech face for the o ring. 23' barrel so you'll probably want to shorten it so crowning will be required. I used 3/16 cratex rod to open up the breech. Yes LW airgun blanks quick search. seems i paid 135. for a non choked polygon rifled. .470 OD.