• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My backyard range

Keith, That is an outstanding range facility, blending in with the trees and protected from the wind! I forgot to mention in my post that most of my shooting is from inside my office!~ It is air conditioned in the hot and humid summers and heated in the winter. I keep my whole house thermostat set at 70 degrees. My pellets travel about one to two feet before exiting through the office window. My set up allows me to practice on targets out to 44 yards and take down unwanted birds in the trees to a distance of 61 measured yards. My recently added to back stop now measures 9-1/2" deep, constructed of recycled fencing and 4 X 4s. Since you mentioned your location, I was wondering if you have a fire ant problem?

Hits, I, like you, love being able to shoot from from the confines of my home. Today the temps are supposed to hover around 100 degrees. Makes life so much easier. The only issue I'm having is trying to find a good solid table and rest to shoot off of. I am currently using a Predator rest and I need to find something a bit more sturdy. I tried the Manabe challenge but it was way too unstable. 

To answer your question, I don't have a problem with the ants. It's kind of funny. I get more ants in my treated part of the yard/lawn than I do out where the targets are. I guess the ants love the "bug killer." But I do have somewhat of a problem with pygmy rattlers. But you just have to keep your eyes open when you are out there.

Keith.

I live in town..

B2F300F9-D2C3-4CCA-825D-3C16695A44B6.1614380045.jpeg