• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Avenger whupped some powder burners

Our club has quite a few .22LR shooters and now that cold weather is here in Ohio, we started an indoor .22LR match at 50’. Since it’s not sanctioned and mostly for fun winter time trigger time they let me shoot my .22 Avenger in the match yesterday. In a field of CZs, Tikkas, Savages, Christiansens and high end customs my lowly Avenger won with a high score of 386 out of 400 in our 4 card match. I’m not bragging but thought it cool that this old geezer put a whupping on those powder burners. We were shooting off of wobbly Caldwell benches which left a lot to be desired but at least everyone was on a level playing field.

Went plinking with a friend of mine yesterday just to enjoy the California sun & scratch my itchy trigger finger. He brought his old Winchester .22LR semi-auto. It's an iron sight only gun that I always thought was an accurate little shooter. It just couldn't keep up with my Royale 500 & Boss! Haven't shot with him in a couple years & he was absolutely blown away by the shots I CONSISTENTLY made @ 100+ yards. He now calls me Danny Oakley! It's amazing & satisfying what a couple years of shooting with a couple great rifles can do. (AND the help & encouragement of great shooting pals like Pesty3782, Centercut & Socaloldman! ) The work pays off!

We have a group of ARA shooters who have stated that air rifles aren't allowed to shoot at their monthly match at our gun club. I think if I got ahold of someone higher up nationally in the association, they would say otherwise...at least that's some info I was told. They spend to much money on all their bling and would have a melt down being outscored by a air rifle. But I'm that guy, who would love to spoil their day LOL.

Thanks BT.

ARA rules will not allow Airguns. I’ve already been down that road with no success. The new National 50 rules allow both air and Rimfire rifles.

Our club isn’t adhering to any sanctioned rules for our indoor 50’ fun shoots and will allow RF and airguns to compete together. We are using NRA A36 50’ Rimfire rifle targets and it’s certainly not easy, for me. Two matches ago I won again with a 398 out of 400 but the last match I could only muster a 388. It’s a tough challenge but fun for this old geezer.